Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; How exactly have we been left in the dust? What exactly can a nexus one not do that its hardware supports? What apps can it ...

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

How exactly have we been left in the dust? What exactly can a nexus one not do that its hardware supports? What apps can it not run that are on the market right now? GB is not a game changer, and personally I am fine with waiting for 2.4 in April. Google had to change their release scheduled for some unknown reason, that kind of thing happens all the time to tech companies.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Dumb Question,

What does GingerBread give us that Froyo/CM6 doesn't?

Edit- RIP GINGERBREAD 2.3 long live gingerbread 2.4 from April?

Gingerbread 2.3 Dead, 2.4 Coming In April | Android Electric: Alternative Android News

Root Now!
    Quote Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
    How exactly have we been left in the dust? What exactly can a nexus one not do that its hardware supports? What apps can it not run that are on the market right now? GB is not a game changer, and personally I am fine with waiting for 2.4 in April. Google had to change their release scheduled for some unknown reason, that kind of thing happens all the time to tech companies.

Thank you for FINALLY answering my Question

Thanks, Vydor, for saying what I should have. I actually reported my own post

when other phones besides the n1 are getting 2.3 that's what people mean by saying the n1 is being left behind. sony announced a phone with gb that is being released soon. another blog said a phone in india is getting 2.3. google said n1 would get updates first. pretty clear to me

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Thanks, Vydor, for saying what I should have. I actually reported my own post
    But Nooooo! You had to be a nasty pants! :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    I thought this was relevant

from @charansingh
    Bio Medical Student, Developer, Coffee lover, Cyanogenmod Team, Droid Gamers Team, Linux and Android FTW!!!

I might just give up on android the way Google is treating their own phones, atleast Apple supports them for some years.Its plain BS @google
    Atleast Apple doesnt force you to buy iphone 4 when you have 3gs by not providing 3gs owners update to latest features
    I dont think careers or Manufacturer should be blamed for delaying updates when the company behind the OS fails to set a good example
    All the testing for gingerbread was done on Nexus One, there are even commits that show testing was done on n1 way before ns was though of
    and liek i said they had a fully working n1 gingerbread update before n1 was released. They are just trying to sell year old hardware to dev
    which has worse features than Galaxy S, its sibling released over 6 months ago. I still love android but Google is something i am hating now
    I recommend Android phones to my known, they end up buying it and blame me for lack of support and content for their devices when 3 year old
    phone has more and better content than their newly bought phones
    If n1 doesnt receive update from Google over next week or so, its a big FU to @Google Your new features are worth nothing when older
    devices cant enjoy them
    You agree with I have said earlier in this thread. However, there are still some people who are bound to their emotions.

Regards

oh my god SHUT THE FACE!

that is all
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You bought the phone expecting a level of service that you do not feel your getting, and that is a valid reason for being upset.

As I have said, personally have no problem waiting for 2.4, if that really is the plan, or 2.3.3 which I have seen the rumor blogs posts about. Even if another phone gets GB it wont bother me, however I suspect that no one else is getting GB either, regardless of the announcements.

But really, GB appears to bring nothing worth mentioning to the table. What are you missing? So far all I have heard was "we should be first because we are special!!"
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You bought the phone expecting a level of service that you do not feel your getting, and that is a valid reason for being upset.

As I have said, personally have no problem waiting for 2.4, if that really is the plan, or 2.3.3 which I have seen the rumor blogs posts about. Even if another phone gets GB it wont bother me, however I suspect that no one else is getting GB either, regardless of the announcements.

But really, GB appears to bring nothing worth mentioning to the table. What are you missing? So far all I have heard was "we should be first because we are special!!"
    That I would agree much. Everyone thinks their phone is special, and indeed Nexus One was special when it launched early last year. To me it is still a special phone. But time to move on with the thoughts that Nexus One will get priority upgrades. Maybe yes maybe no still I do agree GB that I seen is nothing to shout about.

I am more keen towards seeing what 2.4 provides, or even 3.1 :D

So it looks like GB/HC will be combined and phones will move to that...

Next version of Android will combine Gingerbread and Honeycomb, arrive on a six-month cycle -- Engadget

Possible then we might just skip GB after all I guess.
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links