Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

This is a discussion on Gingerbread Thread. All things related. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; A slip of the tongue by a google person but being somewhat backed up by "the a handful of independent sources" on gingerbread for N1 ...

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Gingerbread Thread. All things related.

N1 gingerbread in days rumor looks more real than not

A slip of the tongue by a google person but being somewhat backed up by "the a handful of independent sources" on gingerbread for N1 coming out OTA in a few days -- had a number of blogs pop up in a few places when I did my every few day google news " nexus one" OTA search ... but all sourced mainly from this mobilecrunch story:

Gingerbread OTA Update To Hit Nexus Ones Within The Next Few Days?

"I know, I know — you’ve heard this tale before. According to the rumor mill, the Nexus One has pretty much been set to get Gingerbread “within the next few days” since a week after Gingerbread was announced 3 months ago.

But we’re here in Barcelona, and we’re just surrounded by Googlers. One of’em casually mentioned Gingerbread’s impending arrival on the Nexus One, only to clam up when we asked for clarification. So we dug elsewhere, and sure enough: according to a handful of independent sources, the Android Team is currently aiming to roll out Gingerbread on the Nexus One via Over The Air Update either late this week or early next."

Quote Originally Posted by steveblue View Post
    A slip of the tongue by a google person but being somewhat backed up by "the a handful of independent sources" on gingerbread for N1 coming out OTA in a few days -- had a number of blogs pop up in a few places when I did my every few day google news " nexus one" OTA search ... but all sourced mainly from this mobilecrunch story:

Gingerbread OTA Update To Hit Nexus Ones Within The Next Few Days?

"I know, I know — you’ve heard this tale before. According to the rumor mill, the Nexus One has pretty much been set to get Gingerbread “within the next few days” since a week after Gingerbread was announced 3 months ago.

But we’re here in Barcelona, and we’re just surrounded by Googlers. One of’em casually mentioned Gingerbread’s impending arrival on the Nexus One, only to clam up when we asked for clarification. So we dug elsewhere, and sure enough: according to a handful of independent sources, the Android Team is currently aiming to roll out Gingerbread on the Nexus One via Over The Air Update either late this week or early next."
    I won't believe any of this until the update icon shows up on my phone and I verify it's not just another 2.2 version update.....

It's Here!

Just received the official Gingerbread OTA - Nexus one (UK).

At last!

Network: 3

What network are you on? If it's Vodafone, do you have a Nex1 with a Vodafone Sim or is it a Vodafone supplied one? Thanks

I got the OTA two nights ago. Yesterday the phone was fine (other than News and Weather widget no longer working). This morning, I have a very pretty looking paperweight. Phone will not stop force closing the weather widget (which I don't even have on my homescreen right now!) and then restarting completely after force close. I think I'm going to have to do a factory reset, though I am not happy about losing all my data.

I would try clearing cache and data from the weather widget before factory reseting because if it is only that app that crashes then it could just be a problem with that app it it is random apps and widgets then ya you may have to factory reset.

I have updated my nexus one to gingerbread 2.3.3. Is there any possible way to root it without unlocking the bootloader. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Try rolling back to 2.2, then you should be able to root...

To roll back, download FRG33 from here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...Nexus_One/Roms

Rename the file to passimg.zip and place in the root of your SD card (i.e. not in any folder). Power off the phone. Boot into bootloader by holding volume down and power at the same time. Your phone should ask I if you want to install the file...

You can then root following this method:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-development-hacking/10940-simple-sdk-setup-manual-root-guide-windows.html

Once rooted, you can flash a pre-rooted 2.3...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links