Question About Wiping

This is a discussion on Question About Wiping within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I'm currently using CM6, and I'm planning to flash other ROMS like Enom's and evilSenses because the battery life on CM6 isn't the greatest (even ...

Thread: Question About Wiping

Question About Wiping

I'm currently using CM6, and I'm planning to flash other ROMS like Enom's and evilSenses because the battery life on CM6 isn't the greatest (even with another Kernel).

If I were to do a wipe (assuming I've backed everything up with nAndroid), do I also have to wipe anything else like the cache, or something like that?

Also, I've noticed that there is a battery status option that I can wipe, how would I go about that? I heard that it's best to charge it to 100%, turn it off, and charge it again and then wipe the battery status.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by jamezgt View Post
    I'm currently using CM6, and I'm planning to flash other ROMS like Enom's and evilSenses because the battery life on CM6 isn't the greatest (even with another Kernel).

If I were to do a wipe (assuming I've backed everything up with nAndroid), do I also have to wipe anything else like the cache, or something like that?

Also, I've noticed that there is a battery status option that I can wipe, how would I go about that? I heard that it's best to charge it to 100%, turn it off, and charge it again and then wipe the battery status.
    Wiping the Cache and the Dalvik Cache is not Necessary AFAIK but I always do it before flashing a new rom just to be safe.

The method you described for wiping the battery stats sounds about right to me.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post

Wiping the Cache and the Dalvik Cache is not Necessary AFAIK but I always do it before flashing a new rom just to be safe.

The method you described for wiping the battery stats sounds about right to me.
    What does wiping the Cache and Dalvik Cache do?

And if you've done the battery status wipe before, have you noticed an increase on battery life?

What does wiping the Cache and Dalvik Cache do?

And if you've done the battery status wipe before, have you noticed an increase on battery life?
    Wiping the cache and Dalvik is basically a factory data reset. All installed programs are deleted. I always do a clean Titanium Backup, then nAndroid backup (Clockworkmod via ROM Manager because I can name my backups "CM6Nighly188" or "NXSense1.20"). Boot to recovery and Wipe Data, Wipe Cache, Advanced > Wipe Dalvik. Steps are only slightly different for Amon_RA (such as Wipe Dalvik isn't under advanced I think).

I think you have the wipe battery stats backwards. When I did it, I let the phone discharge until it turned itself off. Then I booted to recovery (with it unplugged) and Advanced > Wipe Battery stats. It doesn't give you increased battery life per say, rather it gives your phone the ability to more properly state the correct battery percentage.

There is an over charge method that involves charging your battery to 100%,unplug, turning off the phone, plug in the charger again until LED turns green. unplug. Turn on your phone. Plug in charger again until LED turns green.

I will see if I can find my link for that...

Official response from HTC RE: How to double battery Life (WORKS!) + 2nd Reply - xda-developers

'It is a good idea but could damage the phone, i followed the guide to the letter and found that 10% was the cut off point but extensive "battery tuning" may result in a larger "dead zone"' -Nobby

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links