Rooting and flashing CM on N1 FRG83

This is a discussion on Rooting and flashing CM on N1 FRG83 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by rugmankc Originally Posted by Hatchet Originally Posted by rugmankc Sorry, Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum 5_08 is latest radio, it should be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rooting and flashing CM on N1 FRG83

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet View Post
    Sorry,

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

5_08 is latest radio, it should be in CM, you can check change log
    This was the guide I was using.

[ROM][BBQ] CyanogenMod-6 for Nexus One: FASTBOOTOEMUNLOCKPLS V6.0.0 (08/27/2010) - xda-developers

It seems as if there are about as many ways to do this as there are nexus one users!

I think my first post with the Cyan wiki is pretty good, just that the one with the latest gapps and radio is what you want. 12_7 is not the latest radio.
    I installed SDK and am about to root. Took forever with my daughter's pos machine running Vista Business. I have a mac.

I looked at the list of radios. I am assuming, given my phones specs above, that you think i should flash a radio--that the one I have is not the right one? Which one of the ones on the link you recommended should I use?

Also, you say not to wipe before flashing it?

I really appreciate your time. I have hacked palms and windows based stuff and iphones, but this cmd line, Android stuff it pretty new to me!

Link above has the latest gapps that CM doesn't or hasn't included in his roms. Maybe he does now. You'll know after you flash and see if the Market is there or prompted to sign in to google. And you can check radio under settings/about phone

5_08 is probably included in the latest nightly, I would flash that. It has most recent updates.

TeamDouche Mirror System

You can always register if you haven't and the radio and gapps question.

Google Nexus One Experimental Mod - CyanogenMod Forum

Sounds like you are on the right track. I had no experience ay all, unlike you, when I first rooted and started to flash 4 months ago. Very frustrating to get started, but some how I muddled thru enough to now know just enough to be dangerous.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Link above has the latest gapps that CM doesn't or hasn't included in his roms. Maybe he does now. You'll know after you flash and see if the Market is there or prompted to sign in to google. And you can check radio under settings/about phone

5_08 is probably included in the latest nightly, I would flash that. It has most recent updates.

TeamDouche Mirror System

You can always register if you haven't and the radio and gapps question.

Google Nexus One Experimental Mod - CyanogenMod Forum

Sounds like you are on the right track. I had no experience ay all, unlike you, when I first rooted and started to flash 4 months ago. Very frustrating to get started, but some how I muddled thru enough to now know just enough to be dangerous.
    I registered over at cyanogenmods and asked the radio question. The unlock, root and Nand backup went smoothly.

If you or anyone else has anything else to add, please do. I will get back with what I find out.

If you got a nand backup it is down hill from here. Are you using rom mgr and clockworkmod. If so, I like to run Fix Permissions once and usually reflash clockworkmod (first choice on screen) before I do anything. From the rom mgr screen tap menu and settings and make sure Advanced Mode is checked. Under Download Rom you can find the latest nightly and latest stable rom. You don't need to partition your sd card for CM6. But, if you get into the sense roms you will. I followed this forum and used Dark Tremor (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715940) as my a2sd management tool, after I partitioned sd card with rom mgr then flashed amon ra and changed from ext2 to 3. Threads on this are on this forum. Under Alternate Recoveries on rom mgr main screen do you have amon ra. It is another recovery with its advantages of very stable. And an extra bu tool. There is a program on the net called mini partition tool that shows you whether you are 2 or 3. Dark Tremor and some other tools show 2 when it is 3.

I am certain the 5.08 is on the latest nightly, but some people are still using 12.7. I would move backups (nandroid) to your pc for safety and keep just the latest on the phone. Backup your sd card to pc also.

You can flash a rom thru rom mgr main screen or boot into recovery and do it there. In recovery there are more options to perform a more thorough wipe thru Advanced choice. Also, when in recovery thru rom mgr and not on the first screen you back up screens by pressing pwr button.

If you use Launcher Pro from Market it backs up your screens and settings, makes it easy after flashing new rom.

Get Titanium Backup from Market to back up apps and system data, it is not a nandroid, but restores all your apps. Linda Manager is good for managing your sd card and Terminal Emulator is like SDK, but easier. I usually get the paid versions if available to support devs and the full features.

There are step by steps here from this forum:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...chen-sink.html

Sorry this got long, good luck on flashing.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks for everything Ken! I didn't have to update the radio and everything else worked like a charm. I will take your advice in the last post as soon as I get through playing with my new mod!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links