Rooting and flashing CM on N1 FRG83

This is a discussion on Rooting and flashing CM on N1 FRG83 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi all. I have been playing with my new N1 for a few days and am ready to move on! I have read tons(and I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooting and flashing CM on N1 FRG83

Rooting and flashing CM on N1 FRG83

Hi all. I have been playing with my new N1 for a few days and am ready to move on!

I have read tons(and I mean tons) of info from here and elsewhere on rooting and flashing CM6 on N1. Since a lot of that info is dated in respect to my phone I have a couple of questions before I continue.

I have ATT version running 2.21 FRG83. I also have the 4.06.00.12.7 radio. So it seems I have the most up to date Froyo installed.

1) It seems like one-click rooting might be out, but I just want to know if the standard rooting process will still work safely for this phone.

2) When installing CM6 latest stable version, do I need to do anything with the radio? Simply install the CM6 and the gapps?

Love the site. Thanks in advance and I hope to be able to contribute to the forums as I learn more. Until then I'll listen!

John

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The first link is just a few posts down from yours, second is the Cyanogen wiki the old and best way. Not sure if it works on 2.2.1.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...lly-frg83.html

Full Update Guide - Nexus One - CyanogenMod Wiki
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    The first link is just a few posts down from yours, second is the Cyanogen wiki the old and best way. Not sure if it works on 2.2.1.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...lly-frg83.html

Full Update Guide - Nexus One - CyanogenMod Wiki
    Thanks man! I have read both of those. My biggest concern is with the radio. I will add that I was planning to use Superboot, but I don't see a download for FRG83. I was hoping to avoid the SDK route.

I don't know if you can avoid sdk. I hated doing it when I first started. But, a learning experience. Best way. The link below is the latest gapps and radio. I think they are both zips.

I don't think there is a superboot for it yet. You may google this with xda forums, I have seen some frg83 rooting stuff, but pay no attn. Don't know where I saw it and may be same as the links I posted. The radio is a zip and installs by just flashing over rom. You can bu first but don't wipe anything before flashing. Don't pull batt if it hangs. Do the 3 finger salute to get back to recovery. Vol-/pwr/trackball at same time. Shouldn't be a problem though.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I don't know if you can avoid sdk. I hated doing it when I first started. But, a learning experience. Best way. The link below is the latest gapps and radio. I think they are both zips.

I don't think there is a superboot for it yet. You may google this with xda forums, I have seen some frg83 rooting stuff, but pay no attn. Don't know where I saw it and may be same as the links I posted. The radio is a zip and installs by just flashing over rom. You can bu first but don't wipe anything before flashing. Don't pull batt if it hangs. Do the 3 finger salute to get back to recovery. Vol-/pwr/trackball at same time. Shouldn't be a problem though.
    Thanks, rugmank. Did you mean to add a link to the gapps and radio? I assume if I have the latest radio, I will only have to install CM and gapps. I'm going to dl sdk now and give it a whirl.

Sorry,

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

5_08 is latest radio, it should be in CM, you can check change log

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Sorry,

This was the guide I was using.

[ROM][BBQ] CyanogenMod-6 for Nexus One: FASTBOOTOEMUNLOCKPLS V6.0.0 (08/27/2010) - xda-developers

It seems as if there are about as many ways to do this as there are nexus one users!

Take a look at this too for FYI, haven't studied it for your case.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet View Post
    Sorry,

This was the guide I was using.

[ROM][BBQ] CyanogenMod-6 for Nexus One: FASTBOOTOEMUNLOCKPLS V6.0.0 (08/27/2010) - xda-developers

It seems as if there are about as many ways to do this as there are nexus one users!

I think my first post with the Cyan wiki is pretty good, just that the one with the latest gapps and radio is what you want. 12_7 is not the latest radio.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links