Sent phone in for repairs for "dust under screen issues" quoted $196... What?!?

This is a discussion on Sent phone in for repairs for "dust under screen issues" quoted $196... What?!? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So basically after a week of talking/arguing with HTC reps and managers I'm in the same spot I started out. Initially they promised to send ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sent phone in for repairs for "dust under screen issues" quoted $196... What?!?

So basically after a week of talking/arguing with HTC reps and managers I'm in the same spot I started out. Initially they promised to send me pictures of the device by last Monday (10/11/2010), however I still did not receive any pictures. I spoke to a manager there yesterday and she told me that I refused the pictures?!? When I talked to the rep on Tuesday who informed me that there has been a delay in the "escalation process" I told him to still send me the pictures, and then I also told him that the pictures are not going to prove anything. I never ever stated not to send me the pictures. Just piss poor customer service all around.

Anyway, the supervisor stated that they reviewed the phone again and the "out of warranty" damage stands and there's absolutely nothing they can do unless I pay them the $196 fee. I told them to not worry about the motherboard since the phone was functioning correctly and just fix the dust issue and seal the screen properly, they refused to do that as well and she proceeded to state that they only bring phones back to 100% condition.

Needless to say I'm pissed and at this point in time I'm willing to take this to court even though I know it's going to cost me more than $196, but at this point in time it's the principle of the thing. I'm not going to let some company walk all over me after I purchased a phone from them for $600 only 8 months ago.

Does anybody know of a good contact number at HTC corporate? I tried calling something that was on their website but it just routs me back to customer service. I'm never buying another HTC phone again, what a piss poor excuse for a company.

Quote Originally Posted by naltima View Post
    So basically after a week of talking/arguing with HTC reps and managers I'm in the same spot I started out. Initially they promised to send me pictures of the device by last Monday (10/11/2010), however I still did not receive any pictures. I spoke to a manager there yesterday and she told me that I refused the pictures?!? When I talked to the rep on Tuesday who informed me that there has been a delay in the "escalation process" I told him to still send me the pictures, and then I also told him that the pictures are not going to prove anything. I never ever stated not to send me the pictures. Just piss poor customer service all around.

Anyway, the supervisor stated that they reviewed the phone again and the "out of warranty" damage stands and there's absolutely nothing they can do unless I pay them the $196 fee. I told them to not worry about the motherboard since the phone was functioning correctly and just fix the dust issue and seal the screen properly, they refused to do that as well and she proceeded to state that they only bring phones back to 100% condition.

Needless to say I'm pissed and at this point in time I'm willing to take this to court even though I know it's going to cost me more than $196, but at this point in time it's the principle of the thing. I'm not going to let some company walk all over me after I purchased a phone from them for $600 only 8 months ago.

Does anybody know of a good contact number at HTC corporate? I tried calling something that was on their website but it just routs me back to customer service. I'm never buying another HTC phone again, what a piss poor excuse for a company.
    WTF?!

I almost want to ask for your ticket # so that I could call up to complain myself on your behalf!

Btw I know you spoke to the manager that told you that you had to pay a $196 fee, but I would keep calling back and SCREAMING at different managers until you got you way.

That is seriously f$%cking ludicrous that you can't just get the dust removed :mad:

Since I work in customer service I HATE managers that screw over customers by sticking to rules they know nothing about. Did you happen to ask them to explain why you had to repair everything instead of just the dust? I would get that answer before anytthing else since you might need that for when you talk to corporate and I would also start taking down records of the day and time you are talking to reps/managers in order to build your case later.

Seriously sounds like you just ended up getting a manager that is a huge idiot and is reading off a script and doesn't know wtf they are talking about. I would DEF keep calling and screaming until you get your way and Ill be happy to help if you'd like.

Sorry your having to deal with this brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I don't think you could put the Dell Streak in your pockets without your pants falling down. Maybe that's why they call it "Streak", cuz every time you put it in your pockets, you end up going streaking.

Thanks for replying. Yeah basically I did ask her why they couldn't repair just the dust issue and she just kept on telling me that they only bring phones back to 100%. She couldn't give me a reason why, and she must have repeated the same thing at least 3 times, at which point I realized that she either has no decision making skills or she is just reading from a script. But I assume it's a combination of both.

This was probably a 30 minute conversation. I raised a lot of questions and examples, I went on to tell her that HTC was not being proactive by not recalling the devices knowing that the dust issue was a major defect with the early Nexus one devices and she just kept giving me some lame answers that made absolutely no sense. Then she went on to say that during her time there she only had 4 other instances of somebody sending their phone in for dust which I know is a blatant lie.

I actually did take down the name of the people I talked to. Her name is Tana Chadwick.

The problem I'm having with Corporate now is that it re-routs back to customer service and when the operator picks up she just tells me that the lines at corporate are busy and to just keep on trying. Ridiculous.

I did leave a message at Corporate, but judging by everything else, I doubt anybody will ever get back to me.

Finally spoke to the North America Product Manager at Corporate. Sounded like a very nice and competent guy, told me that he'll look into the situation and call me back on Monday. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Finally spoke to the North America Product Manager at Corporate. Sounded like a very nice and competent guy, told me that he'll look into the situation and call me back on Monday. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
    Keep us posted, and please include the NA Product Manager's contact info in upcoming posts. I admire your persistence...I too very rarely take NO for an answer when I feel it is unjust.

Your motherboard was fine until they got their mits on it. I would be willing to bet that if you get your way they will make sure your phone craps out on you within a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Your motherboard was fine until they got their mits on it. I would be willing to bet that if you get your way they will make sure your phone craps out on you within a couple of weeks.
    If that happens I'll be receiving a new Nexus One and a personal apology from Peter Chou and Cher Wang.

Well after a couple of phone conversations with the NA product manager I'm getting my phone fixed free of charge and sent back to me within the next 2 days or so. I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out.

I must say that I was really impressed with the way the NA product manager treated me, he actually took the time out of his day to listen to me and answer my questions, very professional.

Well after a couple of phone conversations with the NA product manager I'm getting my phone fixed free of charge and sent back to me within the next 2 days or so. I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out.

I must say that I was really impressed with the way the NA product manager treated me, he actually took the time out of his day to listen to me and answer my questions, very professional.
    That's great news, and what a relief for you! It's a shame you had to go through all of that just to get your warranty repairs. It pays to be persistent.

Well I guess the problem hasn't been fixed after all. After being promised to get the phone back by last Thursday (10/21) I still haven't heard anything back from HTC. I e-mailed the NA product manager on Friday asking him for an update, he replied back a couple minutes later stating that I should have received the phone by now, he said he'll check on the status and get back to me. Didn't get back to me on Friday, I sent him an e-mail today in the morning and called in the afternoon and nothing.

When I log into the HTC repair site it still gives me two options which are to either repair the phone at the $196 fee or ship it back to me unimpaired for $29.

It's been 3 weeks and at this point in time I don't know if I'll ever get my phone back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links