Root my Nexus?

This is a discussion on Root my Nexus? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am pretty confident I could root my nexus myself, but still would rather have a "pro" do it. Any recommendations on what kind of ...

Thread: Root my Nexus?

Root my Nexus?

I am pretty confident I could root my nexus myself, but still would rather have a "pro" do it. Any recommendations on what kind of company I could contact that would do it for me?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There's plenty of guides on the net and this forum. You will need to know what version of software you are running as to which root program to use. If you haven't already, you need to research all of them and post q's on that particular thread. I figured it out 4 months ago with a lot of research and I am not techy. If you have someone do it, you will lose the learning experience and not understand what you are doing when you start flashing custom roms and recoveries.

Full Update Guide - Nexus One - CyanogenMod Wiki

Check out stickies at top of Development and Hacking thread under main forum.

All these are geared to certain versions like frf91 or frg83. Need to know which one you got. And the old rooting thru SDK/ADB is the best way.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks Ken appreciate the advice

Your Welcome,

There are many well versed people here that can help walk you thru it.

nickshertzer

is just one.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Hey Ken, I see u are with cincy bell, where are u located? I'm in Cold Spring

Dayton area. Been with them over 10 years. Honestly, with the N1's poor signal strength and being on their fringe areas sometimes, wouldn't mine trying TMobile.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Sorry for the late reply. That's cool played against Dayton in football my whole life from pee wee through high school. I may get ahold of you through here maybe we can hook up sometime and I'll let u root for me - compensated of course. Take care.

I was a root skeptic. After a couple months rooted, flashing occasional nightlies I've got a system that is now faster, clearer than ever. Yeah, it sometimes crashes, but I am very fond of what I have. The crashes are seldom, the benefits of the root far away any problems I have.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links