You Tube Transfer

This is a discussion on You Tube Transfer within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is there a way to take a YouTube video I emailed to myself and get it into Gallery on my sd card with my other ...

Thread: You Tube Transfer

You Tube Transfer

Is there a way to take a YouTube video I emailed to myself and get it into Gallery on my sd card with my other videos. I can watch them if I leave them on my Gmail.

Actually, I only need the music. Was trying to find a couple songs from the Marked For Death soundtrack, and this was the best I could do without joining, for a fee, unknown dl sites. Or, buy the album for a hundred dollars. Can not find on Amazon MP3. Haven't checked Best Buy etc.

Apparently, these songs are hard to come by. Probably protected by Seagal.

Songs are Jimmy Cliff--No Justice and Jimmy Cliff/John Crow--Marked For Death. Want to get them in my Reggae collection on phone.

Thanks,

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Androidfied.

Thanks Truth,

I knew one of you guys would come thru!
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Truth,

Thanks again, the Market has dropped the app, wonder why. But, at the end of the thread is an .apk link to dl. Worked like a charm.

Got one from there and the other from a fellow forum friend.

Thanks guys,

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Piracy issues
    Androidfied.

I wouldn't think so. On YouTube when you longpress video it has a share option to send to where/whom ever. I can send it to me and play from my Gmail or put it on my sd card and play from there. I am not distributing it to anyone.

If it is a problem I wouldn't do it. But, YouTube is offering the "share" choice. I am a member, not sure if that matters.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yeah but you're only sharing the link to YouTube . With the ripper you're actually saving as a video on your disk. It's like ripping a CD. It's no longer being played off YouTube website. It's not a problem its more like YouTube safe guarding itself from the media companies
    Androidfied.

Makes sense,

But, since I am not sending it to anyone else and this is the only one I wanted, I have no further need for the ripper. Just beats playing it from my Gmail. I'll look at YouTube's policy statement.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I wouldn't sweat it. People rip all the time. Since Google owns YouTube it's not feasible to allow an apps that takes money from them.
    Androidfied.

I am too old to sweat.

Only thing in policy stuff has to do with posting material that infringes on copyrights. These videos have been there for up to 3 years. So, not concerned. And as I mentioned, there is nothing there of interest to me anymore.

Thanks for all the help.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links