Warning: For assurion insurances users!!!

This is a discussion on Warning: For assurion insurances users!!! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; They are no longer offering a "comparable" replacement for our nexus. What they do offer is a HTC Shadow. Look up the specs and you'll ...

Thread: Warning: For assurion insurances users!!!

Warning: For assurion insurances users!!!

They are no longer offering a "comparable" replacement for our nexus. What they do offer is a HTC Shadow. Look up the specs and you'll see they don't even come close. I don't know who sees this as a comparable replacement. For heaven's sakes it's not even an android phone.

Assurion users you've been screwed. Cancel your plans now!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    These are EXACTLY the reasons why I don't buy insurance for my phones anymore. EVER AGAIN. I got screwed when I bought a Nokia 6620 for some crappy Motorola phone.
    Androidfied.

jah
    Well, that's one way I can save some money each month. Let's just hope Otter Box will save me.

Can anyone confirm this before I dive in and cancel my insurance? I was gonna post and ask about N1 insurance if anyone still have them. Good thing someone come up with this thread, thanks!

Ok so after I have calmed down a little allow me to explain. So my phone broke and tried to make a claim through assurion. Called them yesterday went through the process, and they told me they would call me back because they had to check some IME number or something.

Today came no phone call so I called them. Then they offered me a htc shadow in white. After hearing the specs I told her that phone doesn't even come close to the nexus. They then told me to call tmobile. So I called tmobile they said that assurion has to handle the claim since the warranty is undetermined or something. So called assurion got the run around again. They then offer me the shadow again. I explained to the lady that it's like I bought a benz and they are offering me a volkswagon. So they sent me back to tmobile where I spoke to supervisor. They basically couldn't do anything but offered me an upgrade granted I sign a new contract. Thats a no go in my book. Then I made my post on here warning users

Decided to call back half an hour later. This time I immediately asked to talk to a supervisor. I never got to speak to a supervisor, but the worker gave me a better compromise. I asked what their policy is on replacing phones that are no longer made. He replied "phone in the same price and specs and features" *DING* same specs and features. I explained to him that how does a shadow have the same features. He basically said that it doesn't and looked and his computer and magically he could offer me a samsung vibrant. Which I took because I didn't want to go through the hassles anymore. BOTTOM LINE: YOU WILL NOT GET A NEXUS ONE AS A REPLACEMENT. If you do please let me know thanks.

mah
    As far as I know, the phone is still available for purchase through Google's developer program. Same price as before ($579?) but you have to belong to the developer program which costs $25 (I'm not sure if that's $25/year or a flat fee).

I wonder if you would have been able to get Assurion to reimburse you for replacing the phone, if they're unable to send you the N1 on their own.

Unless you have an AT&T Nexus One the current developer phone is for T Mobile only =(

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links