FRG83 root help - need someone to do it FOR me

This is a discussion on FRG83 root help - need someone to do it FOR me within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Honestly, I get lost in all the techy stuff, and just don't have the time to wade through it. I was rooted, then a series ...

Thread: FRG83 root help - need someone to do it FOR me

FRG83 root help - need someone to do it FOR me

Honestly, I get lost in all the techy stuff, and just don't have the time to wade through it. I was rooted, then a series of events, and FRG83 update immediately after...and now I'm NOT rooted.

I want/need to get rooted again. Followed the instructions on SuperOneClick, but get "waiting for device" message.....can't find further instructions.

Every link takes to another with 50 pages to read....where in Los Angeles can I find someone to root my phone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It seems as tho the problem might be with your USB cable or port.

Read this in the XDA thread:

The rageagainstthecage looping is by design. Bad usb cables and ports can cause ratc to not run properly so I have it loop until it works. The "waiting for device" hang is for the same reason. There's nothing wrong with my application. It's usually your usb cable or port. This is not a cop-out answer. This is not an excuse as if I didn't know why it happens. This has been investigated and the problem is USB connectivity. It happens with my Captivate as well.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    It seems as tho the problem might be with your USB cable or port.

Read this in the XDA thread:

The rageagainstthecage looping is by design. Bad usb cables and ports can cause ratc to not run properly so I have it loop until it works. The "waiting for device" hang is for the same reason. There's nothing wrong with my application. It's usually your usb cable or port. This is not a cop-out answer. This is not an excuse as if I didn't know why it happens. This has been investigated and the problem is USB connectivity. It happens with my Captivate as well.
    Ha, thanks. I wasn't throwing you under the bus. I was just experiencing this....and having this issue and didn't have time to figure it out. Also, I was watching a video on the subject....now can't even find that.

And, I do have a problem with one USB port on my laptop....but switched ports, and still have the issue. I use this same cable routinely and transfer data back & forth often...so don't understand how the cable can be functional...yet not.

You guys not two posts in while I was typing this.

I know I answered this for someone else. This is raw honest opinion, please don't take wrong way.

I rooted about 5 months ago the old way, Android SDK etc. I recommend this way. Not techy as far as the this stuff goes. I read, searched, and read again. If it was 50 pages I read 50 pages. Finally thru a lot of aggravation I got rooted and flashed my first rom. It was a learning experience and has served me well in flashing roms.

If you have someone root you, that is not the end. There are different methods to flash and different recoveries to use and flash. You have to flash kernals, radios etc. Flashing a radio incorrectly can brick your phone. If you don't have the basics down you will get into trouble. When I go to flash a new rom I read extensively thru that thread on what to do and what not to do. Any problems, wipe how and how often. What recovery to use. Do I have to update the recovery. Some of them are done thru SDK or Terminal Emulator. You need to know the commands or find them, then input them exactly as required on the command lines. This is all hacking.

If you are too frustrated to do this, I would not root. Enjoy a good phone and wait for Gingerbread. If you like the Desire, sense look, get one of the new ones coming out later this year. 2gz processor, more mem, dual camera etc. I will probably do that myself next year. At that point, may be no need to root.

I have seen a lot of people just jump into this thru a guide and have trouble. No guide, as you found out, is 100% correct for all users. I probably studied 4 or 5 until it started to make sense.

If you get rooted, first thing to do is a full, nandroid, backup. Then you can recover from most anything. Keep copies on your PC, not everything on the sd card, and back up your sd card.

Sorry for the long response. Hope you have good luck with the phone no matter which direction you go.

One thing people miss is making sure you have debugging selected under Applications/Development. Also, some guides may reference old recoveries for Amon_Ra. You need at least 1.7, preferably 1.8 or higher.

This is a good guide: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-cyanogen.html

On the Modaco page the fastboot dl link is a little ways down under "To unlock your Nexus One's bootloader simply..."

On the SDK page find the Detailed Instructions Section:
    "Done!
    If you are new to Android, you can use the Hello World tutorial to get started quickly. Next Steps offers other suggestions of how to begin.
    For a more detailed guide to installing and setting up the SDK, read Installing the SDK."

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links