A little help needed.

This is a discussion on A little help needed. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Before I start, for some reason I was unable to put this in its correct location due to not have "rights". Well anyways, Here is ...

Thread: A little help needed.

A little help needed.

Before I start, for some reason I was unable to put this in its correct location due to not have "rights".

Well anyways, Here is my issue. I have a power button that is broke, I have called up HTC and they are sending me a new one. However, do I have to switch this back to 2.2 ROM? I used the one push (no bootloader flash) to use cygan. First question is, do I need to revert it back to the original Rom? If so, I need to find another way to do this, since the power button is broken. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to be revert back to the Andriod 2.2 Froyo ROM? without the power button?

Thanks

Let me know

David
    Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage;be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don`t think its a big deal if the phone is running cyanogen cause if you rooted with the one click root then your bootloader is intact there for so is the warranty. So even if you send it back running another ROM then stock they don`t have a word to say and plus they can put it back to stock after the power button is fixed.

Thanks, can anyone second this? I downloaded the stock version but have no way of being able to flash it back onto my device due to the power button being broken.
    Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage;be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

you should be fine with htc mate as for flashing stock cant you do a factory reset

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    you should be fine with htc mate as for flashing stock cant you do a factory reset
    Well you can`t do a factory reset if the phone won`t turn on and a factory reset won`t bring you back to stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    Well you can`t do a factory reset if the phone won`t turn on and a factory reset won`t bring you back to stock.
    he says its broken he didnt say it was off lol

You can turn the phone on by connecting to a charger, then pulling and reinserting the battery.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    You can turn the phone on by connecting to a charger, then pulling and reinserting the battery.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Ah I was not aware that you could do this thanks this might come in handy some day. Although now that I think about it its pretty obvious.

Thanks guys. I actually played around with it for a long time and got it to go back to factory stock. Prior I have been keeping the phone on and using my one click root to use the tracker ball to wake my phone. Now I am back to stock I have no way to keep it on, thus if I really need it I carry a plug with me at all times. lol.

David

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links