Sent my G2 back

This is a discussion on Sent my G2 back within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; After using the G2 for about 10 days and liking it very much I just couldn't see the point in keeping it. I rarely use ...

Thread: Sent my G2 back

Sent my G2 back

After using the G2 for about 10 days and liking it very much I just couldn't see the point in keeping it. I rarely use the keyboard due to the Vlingo app and my Nexus is just too damn sweet in the hand. It is almost as fast, better looking, the build quality is far better IMO and after buying all the extras like the desk top dock, which I use every day getting music to my boss stereo system and it sounds fantastic I might add just couldn't see the point in keeping it. The G2 is a great phone but I honestly think the Nexus is still # 1.
    Vinny

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Glad to have Ya Back!

And I agree...the Nexus One is the KinG
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    After using the G2 for about 10 days and liking it very much I just couldn't see the point in keeping it. I rarely use the keyboard due to the Vlingo app and my Nexus is just too damn sweet in the hand. It is almost as fast, better looking, the build quality is far better IMO and after buying all the extras like the desk top dock, which I use every day getting music to my boss stereo system and it sounds fantastic I might add just couldn't see the point in keeping it. The G2 is a great phone but I honestly think the Nexus is still # 1.
    Vinny

i thought i would like the keyboard too but Ive used it once since i got my g2 but i don't miss the nexus other than the custom roms.plus the g2 seems more responsive to me

rooted Nexus S 4G

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Glad to have Ya Back!

And I agree...the Nexus One is the KinG

Thanks,
    If I do pick up another device I will NEVER let my Nexus One go. I never left. Nexus One is without a doubt the most comfortable device in your hand, I just kept feeling like I was missing something every day I used the G2. Is it me or does other Nexus One owners also feel this way?
    Vinny

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    The G2 is a great phone but I honestly think the Nexus is still # 1.
    Vinny
    I was reading review and news about it and it was an impressive package.

THe CPU/GPU is better apparently, the touch sensor doesn't freak out when swapping axis and there is a keyboard.

But overall, this isn't a substantial upgrade over the nexus. Its just like the many other android phones from the last few months.

SUrely, anyone would be happy with either, but overall, in daily use, the differences are neglible.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Am I right that the G2 runs native android without any manufacturer skins? Also, is it true that T-Mobile has disabled the native tethering/wifi hotspot functionality? How easy is it to get that back? That's one feature I can't live without after owning the N1.

Quote Originally Posted by ra990 View Post
    Am I right that the G2 runs native android without any manufacturer skins? Also, is it true that T-Mobile has disabled the native tethering/wifi hotspot functionality? How easy is it to get that back? That's one feature I can't live without after owning the N1.
    From what I read, the T-mob G2 runs native android, the very similar Desire-Z doens't (kinda like the original desire and nexus one!)

As for the tethering... not idea, but it doesn't seem like something hard to circumnavigate.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ra990 View Post
    From what I read, the T-mob G2 runs native android, the very similar Desire-Z doens't (kinda like the original desire and nexus one!)

As for the tethering... not idea, but it doesn't seem like something hard to circumnavigate.
    Runs native android with no manufacturer skin, but comes preloaded with every single Google App. And correct, they did remove the tethering/wi-fi ability.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links