Factory Reset Q's

This is a discussion on Factory Reset Q's within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've been having a lot of problems with my phone since the recent update...even since the Froyo update including: poor wifi, 3g reception, phone not ...

Thread: Factory Reset Q's

Factory Reset Q's

I've been having a lot of problems with my phone since the recent update...even since the Froyo update including: poor wifi, 3g reception, phone not responding and locking up, touch screen not responding or going wacky at least once a day now. They keep getting worse. So I'm trying a Factory Reset.

I backed up my pics to Picassa, emailed my note everything files to myself, and wrote down some other info, including all of my apps. I also did a Lookout backup this morning.

Questions:

Where do my lookout backups go?
    Should I pull my SD card?
    Is there anything I'm not doing I should do?

Thanks in advance folks!:nexusx:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not sure what a lookout Backup is.

SD card will not be formatted when doing a Factory Data Reset.

Maybe use AppMonster to backup your apps to SD. I would suggest Titanium if you were rooted but Appmonster works good on NonRooted Phones.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

N1 is not rooted.

Found my backups from lookout online. It just backs up pics, phone calls, and contacts...which are pretty important.

When i click factory reset on the phone it says that my downloaded apps will be saved. I've heard it only saves paid apps, of which I have none.

edit. I read it wrong. It doesn't save apps. I'm not real concerned with that, as I've saved essential stuff other than my calorie counter files.

Backing up with AppMonster now.

Be careful when using Lookout backups. Google stores your contacts online, so if you restore your Lookout ones, you can end up with double contacts on your phone. Some may appear twice, others may have the details stored twice in the same contact...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I just did a factory reset myself this week - first ever - and it went incredibly smoothly. I was very impressed with how it restored all my contacts and downloaded apps without requiring any effort from me. I just had to back up my Astrid tasks and NoteEverything notes and re-do my desktop icons and email settings and it's going great. My N1 is much happier, with an extra 20MB of app space since the reset.

I'm waiting for Ginger to free up more Internal memory

Quote Originally Posted by lionsson View Post
    +1
    Vote for Ginger!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links