Google apps

This is a discussion on Google apps within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; How is the email set up in the N1 because in gmail as soon as you enter your user name the googlemail.com domain name is ...

Thread: Google apps

Google apps

How is the email set up in the N1 because in gmail as soon as you enter your user name the googlemail.com domain name is already entered. I tried setting the pop email client that's already in N1 up but it asks for a prt number and if I use the google mail port number it just wont set up, or am I putting the wrong port number in? if so what should it be? and do I use SSL.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You might want to add a little more detail to your question. Given the title of post, I assume what you are asking for are directions for setting up the phone to download emails from a google apps account that is not a xxx@gmail.com account. So the servers are still the gmail.com servers, but your email address doesn't end in gmail.com.

On my phone, I was able to create an account for my google apps account using the gmail app. I'm not sure what I did to get it to work, but I'm sure it was pretty simple. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to access the settings I put in.

That's it

Yes that's it in one. The thing is I was going to forward them to my gmail account but the problem is I want them kept seperate

You don't have to forward it.

I'm pretty sure I just went to settings/account settings / add account, selected add a google account, signed in with my google apps email address in my username and the password for the account, and it created the account in the gmail client for me.

When you are in the gmail client, you select menu / accounts, and it lets you choose which account to view.

Thanks it's sorted now . I was setting it up wrongly because the email address is different from my user name I was inputting my email address with my user name and shouldn't have. Is the port number for SMTP for IMAP 463 or is it 465 because I've set it up for pop3 instead of IMAP , thanks for the help. Paul

My suggestion to you is to not use the email app, but to use the gmail app. The default email app stinks because it is hard to manage the email on the phone with it. There is no global selection ability so your trash folder builds as you delete emails (even when you are using imap, which again is a bad design, although maybe the app can't send a deleted email to the deleted folder in imap space), and you have to select them one at a time to clean out your trash folder, which is using up memory space. With Pop you are totally screwed.

The gmail interface keeps the email management simpler for gmail.com and google apps email.

Then again, I guess it depends on your usage. If you are not in range of a cell tower or wireless often, then you made need to have your email on your phone. But I've found it much easier to use gmail app, and then imap after that for regular email accounts. The ports are listed in the gmail setup page, I think it is 465, but I'm not sure.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links