Tmo wifi charge

This is a discussion on Tmo wifi charge within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by swallowevil I've been using the wifi hotspot for a couple months now and just yesterday morning (11-15-10) T-Mobile made the feature unusable. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tmo wifi charge

Quote Originally Posted by swallowevil View Post
    I've been using the wifi hotspot for a couple months now and just yesterday morning (11-15-10) T-Mobile made the feature unusable. I can still connect to my hotspot but now when I try to surf on a computer that's connected it redirects to a T-mobile page that says I'll need to add the tethering feature to my plan for $15/month.

If T-mobile would have just let us Nexus One users get by with this I can honestly say they would have had me as a customer for a long time to come. Now after being with them for 7 years and encountering this as well as some really crappily handled outages I'll be switching come contract time. I'm gonna miss my Nexus one though, best phone I've ever had by a long shot.
    Tested out my new replacement laptop last night on both wifi hotspot and tethering and neither had issues or a tmo prompt for a fee. Can you post the link to the web page it's directing you to? Are you running an aftermarket rom based off another android phone build? What is your average data use, and are you on t mo unlimited plan?

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swallowevil View Post
    I've been using the wifi hotspot for a couple months now and just yesterday morning (11-15-10) T-Mobile made the feature unusable. I can still connect to my hotspot but now when I try to surf on a computer that's connected it redirects to a T-mobile page that says I'll need to add the tethering feature to my plan for $15/month.

If T-mobile would have just let us Nexus One users get by with this I can honestly say they would have had me as a customer for a long time to come. Now after being with them for 7 years and encountering this as well as some really crappily handled outages I'll be switching come contract time. I'm gonna miss my Nexus one though, best phone I've ever had by a long shot.
    Tested out my new replacement laptop last night on both wifi hotspot and tethering and neither had issues or a tmo prompt for a fee. Can you post the link to the web page it's directing you to? Are you running an aftermarket rom based off another android phone build? What is your average data use, and are you on t mo unlimited plan?
    Running stock froyo, I did go over 5GB last month so I got a message saying I'd be throttled but I normally don't come close to that. I do have the "unlimited" plan.

I just tried it on a different laptop I have here at work to grab the link for you and now I'm able to surf sans the stupid redirect... I wonder if their user agent detection is not as smart as I thought? I'll have to do some more testing now, I just assumed it would prevent me from wifi hot-spotting on all computers, not just one...

Hi all. I have not been using wifi hotspot but tested it out this morning and was able to connect with my laptop without any issues or a Tmo prompt. Perhaps its because I hardly use the function yet.

Have a great day.

DG

Edit: I am on the Tmo unlimited plan btw.
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links