Phone suggestion... Maybe the Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Phone suggestion... Maybe the Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey guys, I'm upgrading my Sprint plan and getting a new phone. I'm not sure if the Nexus is right for me so I'd like ...

Thread: Phone suggestion... Maybe the Nexus One?

Phone suggestion... Maybe the Nexus One?

Hey guys, I'm upgrading my Sprint plan and getting a new phone. I'm not sure if the Nexus is right for me so I'd like the opinions of some people who know much more than me about phones! I'd like it to have the following features:
    -conveniently check Google Calendar
    -check and send email
    -easy to type... I prefer even T9 to the tiny keys of a Blackberry lol, I like the idea of Swype as well.
    -get directions
    -play music with good sound quality, and good storage capacity
    -take pics and vids, but i'm not too much of a camera person

I know only a little bit about apps. I think the useful apps are almost all free, aren't they? I'd like a phone to download them.

Ideally, if this phone is also free from some deal or promotion from upgrading the plan, I'd be happy as well.

Also, can someone explain to me internet issues? What's the difference between wireless and 3/4G, and how will that affect 1. the ease which I get internet and 2. the cost of the monthly plan?

You know more than me probably, so any other relevant comments would be welcome. Thanks for the help!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't think the Nexus One is available to Sprint customers. Only TMO and AT&T
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

N1 is an awesome phone for your needs, personaly think its way better than the iphone, but that is, if, your carrier carry it ;P

Junior Member AndroidFan_nexusone's Avatar
    As far as I know the Nexus one was only released for use on either the TMobile or At&t networks. There were plans to also carry the phone on Sprint's network, but those were scrapped.

You can still get a Nexus One through eBay but they are pretty expensive, and most likely used. Some folks used their sims from Tmobile or At&t, while others used Virgin Mobile sims in their devices. I'm using my sim from my old iPhone, since it's still technically under contract through At&t.

Long and short of it is, you might want to get a different phone....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links