what is the best rom out there.

This is a discussion on what is the best rom out there. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have cyanogen 6.1.0 RC1, it runs very well, faster than stock and much more customizable. I think MUIU is supposed to be quick but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is the best rom out there.

I have cyanogen 6.1.0 RC1, it runs very well, faster than stock and much more customizable. I think MUIU is supposed to be quick but I personally don't like the interface, reminds me too much of iPhone.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

going back to cyan stable right now had a data prob with rod,but thats what i like about n1,if you dont like, wipe

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Hey Sheanzy,

Long time no hear,

CM 6.1 is last on my list to try

Now have all latest but CM

Let you know after I get to it in a couple days
    I love CM. It's amazing. It was the ROM I originally started with and have ultimately stuck with. I've tested others but just as danger-rat made note of, he just keeps going back to it. The same goes for myself.

Oh, btw long time no hear! It's been awhile. I've been extremely busy with school. I know this can be talk for another thread, so you can send in a PM if you want or just post below, but are you going to get Google TV?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    +1

I've tried a lot of ROMs, but keep coming back to Cyanogen. The only thing I didn't like was the battery life, but since 6.1 that seems much better (12+ hours off the charger, and currently at 63% - used to take 2 or 3 hours in the past).

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

As I said above, I keep coming back to it to. The battery life reminded me of pre-FroYo experience, or should I say an iPhone like experience :rofl3: . I flashed an undervolted WildMonks kernel and that fixed the problem pronto. However, 6.1 seems rewarding with its stock kernel, so I have yet to flash another kernel.

I would like to say the sense ROM is second on my list of ROMS.

Sheanzy,

Cyan was my first too, but a little vanilla (no pun intended) for me

Understand on the MIUI icons. But I like the fluidity and speed and get my original calendar back. Don't like Sense one. Personal preference

Not sure on Google TV, haven't check the thread here on it lately

I'll post here on CM 6.1 when I get a chance to flash

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by firas1886 View Post
    As for me, am just gonna keep my stock till i get 2.3 ota and hope it fixes the internal memory issue...
    I don't know what you think the issue is with the memory but it is hardware no update will give you more memory so you are stock with the 512 you have (minus what the OS uses) the best way to save memory is to use darktremor app2sd. And if you think that something like that will come with gingerbread then I'm sorry but I highly dough it.

So far this thread just reinforces what I have seen elsewhere... most ppl like CM. If/When I should ever root, it will be be the first one I try. Still not sure what rooting gets you over stock other then removing stupid built in apps.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Rooting gets you access to a part of urge file system that you normally don't have access to. This slows you to do lots of things not currently enabled in stock ROMs. For example, making complete backups of your entire system.

A lot offeatures get built into the custom ROMs you see, like CM, which has yes the fm radio app, 720 video recording. Some of the features can be added by separate installs, such as wifi calling, etc.

The basic fact it's that with a rooted phone, you get the latest features before anyone else... Including Gingerbread! CM7 alpha has already been released for the nexus s... And you can bet only rooted phones have it, same as the few GB releases out there for the N1...

I am a really big fan of MM's HD-Desire rom [ROM] MM's SuperHybrid (v2.14 Desire) & HD-Desire v1.6 12/23/10 - xda-developers

It is loaded with awesome Desire eye candy like the weather stuff flipping clock, and all kinds of window animations all over the place. It works well for about everything except 720p video.

I used to run the Cyanogen nightlies which was fun but there are more options out there.

I was in bestbuy the other day looking at the NexusS and I couldn't help but keep thinking .. what a quaint rom...

I guess it depends what you are looking for. I am looking for bling an to make my friends with iPhones jealous.
    Nexus One
    Amon_RA recovery v2.2.1
    CM 7 Nightly
    Radio 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

An ready easy to get bling it's to install ADW EX. Those transitions look cool, no matter who you are!! xD

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    For example, making complete backups of your entire system.
    I have heard this mentioned by a few, but there is a backup built into Froyo that seems to work well already, at least the last time I factory reset my phone I did not loose anything, it call came back via Froyo's restore from the cloud some place.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links