what is the best rom out there.

This is a discussion on what is the best rom out there. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I am searching around for a new rom to have something new to have on my phone. I am using cyanogen mod 6.1 right now, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is the best rom out there.

what is the best rom out there.

I am searching around for a new rom to have something new to have on my phone. I am using cyanogen mod 6.1 right now, and have used evil, miui, modaco, and a another sense rom which name currently excapes me. I was curious if there is anything else out there worth trying or if cm is still the best one out.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    MIUI. You can check out the Hack section for listings of all ROM avail on the Nexus one.

Nexus One Development & Hacking - Nexus One Forum - Google Phone Forum
    Androidfied.

+1 MIUI

I have updated to MIUI .29 and Rod's 1.6. Smooth and fast. Like having my old Froyo calendar back.

MicroMod 2.6, best Sense rom and love the animated weather widget.

There others like Enom

Some have nice themes, MIUI not much yet, except battery mods
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

MicroMod 2.6 Sense UI widgets are very nice.
    Nexus One
    Amon_RA recovery v2.2.1
    CM 7 Nightly
    Radio 32.50.00.32U_5.12.00.08

Cyanogen. Simple FroYo experience and highly customizable, just as with any other ROM. Excellent features and support.

MIUI reminds me of the iSuck. I dealt with those bulky noob looking icons for a year on my 3GS and that was enough .

The Sense ROM is NASTY but huge. IMO, the nXsense and Cyanogen ROM's are the best. I LOVE sense. Gives you a whole new experience in a FroYo way..

It all depends on personal preference. Each ROM has its bugs and lacks in certain areas. You should test different ROM's, it's not difficult. It will give you a better understanding and definitely open your personal opinions on most, if not all, ROM's.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Hey Sheanzy,

Long time no hear,

CM 6.1 is last on my list to try

Now have all latest but CM

Let you know after I get to it in a couple days
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

BTW just tried MyBackUpPro on restoring Home, Music, AK Notepad, Bookmarks etc since my last rom bu was stock MIUI.

Was 90% effective, some cleaning up. Still saved me an hour.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

yeah miui was way to iphone for me. I traded in my iphone 4 for a nexus because I didn't like it, I don't want to try and turn my nexus into an iphone. I like the sense roms cause it gives you a new look to things, but the two i tried both had one major flaw. My data didn't work with evil, and the other was pre themed with a hideous notification bar.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Cyanogen. Simple FroYo experience and highly customizable, just as with any other ROM. Excellent features and support.
    +1

I've tried a lot of ROMs, but keep coming back to Cyanogen. The only thing I didn't like was the battery life, but since 6.1 that seems much better (12+ hours off the charger, and currently at 63% - used to take 2 or 3 hours in the past).

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Hey Sheanzy,

Long time no hear,

CM 6.1 is last on my list to try

Now have all latest but CM

Let you know after I get to it in a couple days
    I love CM. It's amazing. It was the ROM I originally started with and have ultimately stuck with. I've tested others but just as danger-rat made note of, he just keeps going back to it. The same goes for myself.

Oh, btw long time no hear! It's been awhile. I've been extremely busy with school. I know this can be talk for another thread, so you can send in a PM if you want or just post below, but are you going to get Google TV?

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    +1

I've tried a lot of ROMs, but keep coming back to Cyanogen. The only thing I didn't like was the battery life, but since 6.1 that seems much better (12+ hours off the charger, and currently at 63% - used to take 2 or 3 hours in the past).

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

As I said above, I keep coming back to it to. The battery life reminded me of pre-FroYo experience, or should I say an iPhone like experience :rofl3: . I flashed an undervolted WildMonks kernel and that fixed the problem pronto. However, 6.1 seems rewarding with its stock kernel, so I have yet to flash another kernel.

I would like to say the sense ROM is second on my list of ROMS.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links