Group chat like iOS4 iPhone on Android?

This is a discussion on Group chat like iOS4 iPhone on Android? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by iPeck handcent does it good What setting allows you to do this? I've been using handcent for a while and have no ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Group chat like iOS4 iPhone on Android?

Quote Originally Posted by iPeck View Post
    handcent does it good
    What setting allows you to do this? I've been using handcent for a while and have no idea how to configure it to do this

Just add another number/user to the receipient. (Little plus icon) the group send will be shown as single conversation in the list.

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

Thumbs up ???

I don't get what you guys are talking about. On my Nexus S w/ CM7 and Handcent, group texting with people with iPhones does NOT work for s*&@! I send out a message with 2+ recipients and Handcent keeps the message in the same thread but sends out *two* messages. To the recipient, my message looks like a regular old message (not group), so when they reply, their reply shows up in their *individual* thread. I even tried this with ICS and got the same result.

In Handcent's settings under "Send message settings" the checkbox for "Send as split threads" is *unchecked* so I don't know what sort of magic you guys are doing but this definitely doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by varandian View Post
    I don't get what you guys are talking about. On my Nexus S w/ CM7 and Handcent, group texting with people with iPhones does NOT work for s*&@! I send out a message with 2+ recipients and Handcent keeps the message in the same thread but sends out *two* messages. To the recipient, my message looks like a regular old message (not group), so when they reply, their reply shows up in their *individual* thread. I even tried this with ICS and got the same result.

In Handcent's settings under "Send message settings" the checkbox for "Send as split threads" is *unchecked* so I don't know what sort of magic you guys are doing but this definitely doesn't work for me.
    I gave up on Handcent when it started sending messages to the wrong person.
    As far as your unchecking the Send as split threads, I am pretty sure that refers to messages that you type that are too long for one SMS. My sister on her non android phone...when she sends me a message that is a long one, her phone breaks it up into what is the allowed character count to be a sms message.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I gave up on Handcent when it started sending messages to the wrong person.
    As far as your unchecking the Send as split threads, I am pretty sure that refers to messages that you type that are too long for one SMS. My sister on her non android phone...when she sends me a message that is a long one, her phone breaks it up into what is the allowed character count to be a sms message.
    The description for that "Send as split threads" reads "Send as one thread when sending group SMS" when the box is unchecked. If you check the box, the description becomes the opposite: "Split thread for each person when sending group SMS". Either way it doesn't work for me. I can force it to go out one thread if I convert it to MMS by adding a subject or something like that but even then when the iPhone user responds the message goes back to the individual's thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links