3G problems in Downton Kansas City - Please PM me KC people!

This is a discussion on 3G problems in Downton Kansas City - Please PM me KC people! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Help! I'm getting real sick and tired of not getting 3G when I'm smack dab in the middle of downtown Kansas City, MO. My wife ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3G problems in Downton Kansas City - Please PM me KC people!

3G problems in Downton Kansas City - Please PM me KC people!

Help! I'm getting real sick and tired of not getting 3G when I'm smack dab in the middle of downtown Kansas City, MO. My wife has a Nexus One as well and it has the same issue. Everything was just fine up until about a month ago. My 3G signal was strong downtown and was consistent. Now I only get EDGE!

I've tried calling t-mobile many times, but I get the same crap about it not being their problem.

If you're in KC can you please respond to this and let me know what's going on with your N1 downtown? Either that or PM me... Please... I'm desperate for a fix!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

it probably is tmobile's problem. not such good reception, even in nyc

No one on this forum lives in Kansas City? If you don't want to PM me, please respond here. What is your experience with the Nexus One's 3G reception downtown?

Thanks!

Well i live in OH and in Downtown i get better reception than anywhere else in the city. I suppose it just depends on where ur at.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by shizane101 View Post
    No one on this forum lives in Kansas City? If you don't want to PM me, please respond here. What is your experience with the Nexus One's 3G reception downtown?

Thanks!
    i live in kc the last time i was downtown was a couple weeks ago and i had no problems with 3g but im using a g2 now

rooted Nexus S 4G

I'll be in KC Nov 18-22. I'll check it out. FYI. My 3g has taken a dip everywhere since the 2.2.1 OTA. Where in the Downtown area are you having problems? P&L? Sprint Center area? Allis Plaza? Crown Center?

No, you're not the only one.

I thought it was just my old G1 being fickle but I'm having the exact same issue on my new Nexus S. I have consistent 3G everywhere else but just as I get downtown it switches to Edge and I don't get 3G again until I leave the downtown area again. This has been happening for months now.

Do you guys think this might have something to do with t-mo's new 4G hspa+ thing? Because I have heard about a similar issue somewhere in the forum (not sure exactly where) but this seems to have started at the same time as t-mo's new hspa+ network did.

If they turned on Hspa+, you may want to see if you can get a new sim card. It may not be compatible with Hspa+. It's worth a try.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

iPhoneSlayer's post got me thinking that the SIM might be the problem. I've had the same SIM card for many years.

I got the SIM card that came with my Nexus S, called T-Mobile and had them switch it over. I gave it a day but sure enough, the 3G drops and EDGE takes over at the exact same spot in my commute and I don't get 3G again until I'm on the way home.

Today I went by the T-Mobile store on 12th street between Walnut and Main. First thing the guy does is reboot the phone (by just pulling the battery...) and what do you know: 3G. So he goes on about how sometimes when the phone is switching towers it might be getting confused and just picking the lowest common denominator and how until T-Mobile gets all their towers updated, this might keep happening bla bla bla...

So, halfway back to work: EDGE. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it improves. I'd much rather have EDGE while I'm at work and 3G everywhere else as opposed to the other way around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links