How was your experience with HTC warranty swap?

This is a discussion on How was your experience with HTC warranty swap? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I shattered the screen on mine (note, the glass will not handle a 15' drop on to concrete.. but remarkably the rest of the phone ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How was your experience with HTC warranty swap?

I shattered the screen on mine (note, the glass will not handle a 15' drop on to concrete.. but remarkably the rest of the phone was fully functional) and they treated me like gold. I paid for a 'repair' so not quite the same thing, but they were great all the way through, and fast.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

I got my swap today seems to be working perfect *knock on wood*!!

hey guys, has the situation ever happened when you choose to do the swap instead of the repair, you send the phone in and than they say its out of warranty for some bogus reason your not aware of? Im afraid they might hit me with some stuff i didn't do, im def taking pictures before sending out the phone. should snap a pic of is the water indicators? i want that dumb 530 hold lifted asap. this week is gonna be one nervous week, i hope they send the replacement asap so i can hurry up and send this faulty one.

how can you tell if the water indicators have been triggered.

i took off the back case and just noticed at the upper left on the back, there is a circle and it says void, what does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    how can you tell if the water indicators have been triggered.

i took off the back case and just noticed at the upper left on the back, there is a circle and it says void, what does that mean?
    if its like any other phone, the black sticker is there to cover a screw. if the sticker is off, HTC can assume you opened up the phone which voids your warranty.

the only water indicators i can find are the ones on the battery and the one right near the battery contacts on the phone.

excellent. ... my swap phone seem a bit better thean the old. Less touch screen bugs, thighter trackball, softer and more responsive touchscreen, experiencing some speed improvements.. tiny improvements in the making or old phone was really crap ? Maybe its my imagination but im pleased lol !

I sent mine in for a swap. Screen kept going black for no reason and couldn't get it back unless took battery out. Phone was rooted. The only problem I had was that they told me they would ship replacement in 3 days and it ended up being 7 working days. I sent in a pretty wicked customer service review not expecting to hear anything, but within 2 days I got a call and all kind of apologies, very responsive. And they did not charge me anything for the swap even though the phone I sent in was rooted. Very positive experience except for a few days delay on shipping out the replacement unit

Junior Member themarinesurveyor's Avatar

Swapped nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    Has anyone had a good experience with swapping their n1 with HTC? I am getting kinda nervous cause I have to do I swap with me N1 because of an issue I have with the screen and I keep reading nothing but bad experiences....
    Excellent service my swapped phone arrived in two days.

However I am having a problem restoring my paid Apps after backing them up to the computer.

I even tried Titanium pro a paid App as reccomended on this site but could not get it to load!!! Also the European developer charges sales tax which to my mind smacks of sharp practice as "we" US residents should not have to pay any European sales Taxes.

Please can anybody explain to this "dummy" why, I can "view all of my paid and free Apps loaded on the SD card whislt on the computer but cannot get them to load or run on the new phone, although my backed up photos and music do load without any problems.

:confused:

Thanks Roy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links