WiFi Calling on N1?

This is a discussion on WiFi Calling on N1? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have T-Mobile, with the old Hotspot@Home billing feature that gives me unlimited UMA minutes (used to have two blackberries and used UMA a lot). ...

Thread: WiFi Calling on N1?

WiFi Calling on N1?

I have T-Mobile, with the old Hotspot@Home billing feature that gives me unlimited UMA minutes (used to have two blackberries and used UMA a lot). I have really missed this with my Nexus One. With TMO rolling out Kineto's application for "WiFi Calling" I am trying to figure out what is possible for my Nexus One, currently at Android 2.2.1 (FRG85).

Is the Kineto deal only going to be for TMO builds of Android? I have read that Kineto's business model is to not sell direct, hence no availability in the Market. Since my Nexus One gets its Android system updates independently, this would mean I can never get an update with Kineto built-in, right?

If I were able to install Kineto, would it look like UMA to TMO so the calls would be covered under my unlimited H@H plan?

Any bright ideas on how I can get WiFi Calling (the TMO supported plan that uses my TMO number, not some SIP implementation or Google Voice)? I prefer not to root, but if I have to root to get UMA, I will.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think your options are limited, right now. All the best solutions seem to involve SIP and/or Gvoice...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=831233

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Thank you! I had seen that thread before, when things looked bleak, but couldn't find it when I began looking recently. Now, I am subscribed so I won't miss updates.

Wow! That changed quick... I was reading that at the end of last week, when it was still a hack in progress...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links