User trackball with camera

This is a discussion on User trackball with camera within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've heard it's possible to take pictures by clicking on the trackball, but I haven't been able to find any info on how it's done ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: User trackball with camera

User trackball with camera

I've heard it's possible to take pictures by clicking on the trackball, but I haven't been able to find any info on how it's done (which camera setting to apply). Can anyone tell me how I can set it up?

My phone is rooted and running CyanogenMod 6.1 RC.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

On the stock phone, there is no setting, you just click the trackball and it takes a picture.

Ok, thanks. Don't want to go back to the stock rom, though.

Not too sure about Cyanogen 6.1 (currently using MIUI ), but in Cyanogen 6, auto focus in the camera settings would let you take pictures with the trackball.

In this setting, pressing the trackball (and holding) will pre focus the camera. If you let go, it will capture the picture. If you want to cancel the shot just touch the screen.

There are also other settings like touch focus (which I like better ) but it comes down to user preference.
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Doesn't seem to be working in 6.1. Holding down the trackball does the auto-focus part but letting it go doesn't snap a photo.

Have you tried looking at the settings? There might be some different settings (I remember for one camera app, you need to pre-focus then press again to take the shot :s)
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

You mean in the settings in the camera app? Don't seem to find anything to control the trackball in there...

Tap the icon on the right (settings). Under focus mode, there should be (going by memory...) Auto, manual and infinity (there might be more... but lets stick with these).

Try the Auto setting first. It should be what you're looking for. You might want to try just pressing the trackball without holding (in MIUI, it focus then snaps a shot with one press)

If it still doesnt take a shot when you release the ball, see if the other settings work properly

manual you'll need to touch the screen then press the trackball

infinity i think is just press the trackball.

It worked when I set it to Off or Touch but only once. It won't let me take two pictures on for example Off or Touch.

Is this possibly a bug? if its not taking more than 2 pics with a setting... it doesn't sound like its working :O

Can someone with CM6.1 confirm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links