How to get the upgrade while rooted?

This is a discussion on How to get the upgrade while rooted? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just like Everyone else I am anxiously awaiting the 2.3 update, but I got the nexus with 2.2 already installed. So my question is do ...

Thread: How to get the upgrade while rooted?

How to get the upgrade while rooted?

Just like Everyone else I am anxiously awaiting the 2.3 update, but I got the nexus with 2.2 already installed. So my question is do i have to unroot to get the update, or will I be fine using a custom rom? I just want to make sure I get the update as soon as it becomes available.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You state your using a custom rom, which one are you using?

I am pretty sure if you removed Google's Froyo ROM and installed like CM6 or MUI that will take you out of the update cycle form Google, and you will have to get your updates from the ROM maker.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

I am using shadowrom, but my build number is FRF91. does that matter or, in order to get the update would I have to unroot, and if so how do i do that?
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

If you're rooted, you won't get the ota while you're on the alternate rom. Can't say for sure if you will if you go back to the stock rom either unless you're using Universal Androot and then revert completly to stock, but you'll lose your root exploit when you upgrade, which will either require Super One Touch root (featuring rageagainstthecage exploit and a PC to do) or the manual bootloader unlock root. The 2.3 rom will be mirrored everywhere I'm guessing and you will be able to upgrade assuming you kept a copy of your stock 2.2 somewhere, but again I'm assuming you'll have to upgrade to frg83 first to upgrade to the grg?? update. If not, the aftermarket rom are pretty quick to update once the source code is released. :nexusx:

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links