No WiFi After Rooting

This is a discussion on No WiFi After Rooting within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi, I've just rooted my N1 following the instructions on Video: How to unlock and root a Nexus One Android and Me and using ...

Thread: No WiFi After Rooting

Question No WiFi After Rooting

I've just rooted my N1 following the instructions on Video: How to unlock and root a Nexus One Android and Me and using recovery-RA-nexus-v2.0.0.img & After initially rebooting I found the N1 to be very unstable, with it constantly popping up with an error about 'Process System is not responding' asking if you want to force close or wait, and there was no signal at all, eventually the phone would reboot itself.

After doing some more research, I found a post that suggested I needed to flash with an image specific to my build - FRF91. So I downloaded, and aplied this, and this seems to have fixed the 'Process system is not responding' error, I have a signal & can make calls, and the system is no longer rebooting itself.

However, I now find I have no wifi! If I try to enable the wifi in Settings > Wireless & network settings, the wifi button just says 'Error'.

How can I get wifi working again? What is the correct ROM for UK Vodafone FRF91? I've found 2 different downloads: radio- & wil either of these work?

Any help much appreciated

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think both radios will work but if I were you I would just factory reset maybe you don`t want to do this but it would probably solve your problem although there is probably an easier way. If you want you could also try flashing a custom ROM like CM6.1 since you probably rooted to flash ROMs eventually right. Here is a list of ROMs you could flash

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links