Nexus One vs Motorola DEFY

This is a discussion on Nexus One vs Motorola DEFY within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi All, New boy here. Wanting some advice on my next upgrade. I've been very happy with my G1 so I want to stay with ...

Thread: Nexus One vs Motorola DEFY

Question Nexus One vs Motorola DEFY

Hi All,

New boy here. Wanting some advice on my next upgrade. I've been very happy with my G1 so I want to stay with Android. I'm currently faced with the following choice (currently on T-Mobile G1 100min/100txts/3GB at 20/month). Not a heavy talker - 100 minutes is fine.

Option 1
    Stay with T-mobile - Motorola DEFY - 100min, unlimited txts, 3GB - 15/month - 24 months

The new DEFY seems like quite good value for money. I like the 3GB for 15/month. It has an 800MHz processor but I'm not sure about MOTOBLUR or whether it's likely to get further Android updates (it has launched with 2.1)

Option 2
    Move to Vodafone - Google Nexus One - 100min, 100txts, 500MB - 20/month - 24 months

Free Nexus One on a 20/month contract seems like good value (it's a special promotion via my employer) but I don't like the sound of 500MB/month and I'm concerned that Google have said they will stop supporting it. Will it get Gingerbread or any further updates?

Any thoughts or advice please?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm assuming you are UK. If so you do need to take coverage into account. The 3G footprint of T-Mobile is larger than Vodafone and you presently have the ability to roam on Orange 2G with full 3G integration next year.

The Nexus will get the next updates and we are waiting for Gingerbread as we speak.

I can get by on 500MB but I do use Wifi a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    I'm assuming you are UK. If so you do need to take coverage into account. The 3G footprint of T-Mobile is larger than Vodafone and you presently have the ability to roam on Orange 2G with full 3G integration next year.

The Nexus will get the next updates and we are waiting for Gingerbread as we speak.

I can get by on 500MB but I do use Wifi a lot.
    Thanks.

Yes, UK. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

Good point about the coverage. I'm also able to use wifi a lot so I can limit Listen to only download podcasts on wifi and can easily restrict myself to only "fiddling" installing apps and watching TV whilst on wifi. I do use Latitude and Maps Navigation quite a bit but have no idea how data-hungry they are.

Install 3G Watchdog from the market and use it to gage your present usage - should give you an idea

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Install 3G Watchdog from the market and use it to gage your present usage - should give you an idea
    Thanks, good idea. Have just installed.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links