Car Dock resetting volume to Maximum?

This is a discussion on Car Dock resetting volume to Maximum? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have a weird issue with the Nexus One Car Dock, where it keeps resetting the volume to maximum. I'm just using the dock to ...

Thread: Car Dock resetting volume to Maximum?

Car Dock resetting volume to Maximum?

I have a weird issue with the Nexus One Car Dock, where it keeps resetting the volume to maximum. I'm just using the dock to hold and charge the phone, not for audio, as I have a Sony Bluetooth stereo. Everything was working fine for a while, and now every time I try and play music, or even at the start of a new track, the volume goes back to maximum.

I wouldn't mind so much, but it's too loud for the stereo and creates distortion. Anyone any bright ideas? I've tried the 'Dock Volume' app but that didn't seem to do anything. Starting to think there isn't a solution, so thought I'd post here in case anyone else has experienced this and found a fix.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My car dock has always acted strange when it has to do with volume. On mine, whatever volume I have set at the time I dock my phone, that becomes the "maximum" volume the dock will use, no matter what the volume key press. The only way I can get an accurate volume from the car dock is to have my phone at maximum when I dock it, and then the volume keys work correctly.

There do seem to be some odd issues with the dock and no mistake.

I've found a sort of solution for my problem, but not actually tried it myself yet. It seems you can mask on of the dock pins to fool the dock into thinking it's not being used, and this stops the volume issue:

[Q] Car Dock / Bluetooth Media Volume lock / Dock spoofing? - xda-developers

Perfect for me (at least it will be if it works) as I have another bluetooth audio receiver, not so great for others perhaps.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links