New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread

This is a discussion on New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Can the OP please change the title to New Froyo build FRG83D to avoid confusion among members? I just received the update an hour ago. ...

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread

Can the OP please change the title to New Froyo build FRG83D to avoid confusion among members? I just received the update an hour ago. Let's hope for Gingerbread soon.

Quote Originally Posted by quick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post

I had the same thing happen, I did the checkin, then I got a notice that said this will be a TWO part update and asking me to reboot now or later, I rebooted.

Nothing happened after it rebooted or during reboot, and still @ FRG83, tried checkin, and nothing happening, also rebooted nothing new...

same thing happened with me. so then i went to settings>system update, and then i got prompted for the 2nd half of the install and now i have 83D
    Still not giving me part 2 of the update, tried, settings, about, system updates...

I should also mention, got a stock Nexus One T-Mobile, I have a locked bootloader, and I have rooted (via rage against the cage)

mine is stock tmobile as well. but non rooted and no bootloaders. maybe do checkin again?

same thing happened with me. so then i went to settings>system update, and then i got prompted for the 2nd half of the install and now i have 83D
    Still not giving me part 2 of the update, tried, settings, about, system updates...

I should also mention, got a stock Nexus One T-Mobile, I have a locked bootloader, and I have rooted (via rage against the cage)

mine is stock tmobile as well. but non rooted and no bootloaders. maybe do checkin again?
    Tried checkin probably 10 times lol, no dice, i guess i will just wait overnight, and see what happens.

Maybe its a matter of, part 2 is a download, and google servers are slow/overloaded and so its not downloading right now?

same here...rebooted and still waiting on the second part

I got the update after checking to see if I had any app updates, just popped up as I was browsing through the list.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brantrac View Post
    Got to setting>About Found> System Updates and the second part should be there.

And lol I didn't realize I made a mistake in the topic title lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brantrac View Post
    Got to setting>About Found> System Updates and the second part should be there.

And lol I didn't realize I made a mistake in the topic title lol.

already did that, still not there

just got the update... not only is tethering not affected, but (I hate to jinx it) my 3G signal strength is way better! It might be a fluke, but I actually posted a thread in the T-Mobile section about horrible 3G connectivity - and for the past hour or so it's vastly improved (this is immediately after update).

maybe its the time of day? (signal strength better in afternoon?) - but I never noticed it becoming this much noticeably better later in the day... previously I thought it was a t-mo thing, but now I'm wondering if it was the phone and this update helped?

I've got nothing to lose to I'm upgrading (no root, stock Froyo 2.2.1). I was excited for a few mins that it might be Gingerbread because the new iOS update was today.

And for the record, there's NO way they'd block tethering just because one American carrier decides they don't like it. My carrier here in Canada (WIND Mobile) has no problems at all with tethering and in fact actually advertise and encourage it, so I'd be 12 shades of pissed if they did because you Yanks are getting F'ed in the A by your carriers lol. It should also be noted that I have the so-called T-Mobile version too but that doesn't mean they are the only AWS game in town

Same here rebooted and waiting for second part

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links