New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread

This is a discussion on New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i HAD OTA UPDATE AND DID NOT VERIFY FOR i AM ROOTED , CAN ANYONE KNOW HOW TO?...

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread

i HAD OTA UPDATE AND DID NOT VERIFY FOR i AM ROOTED , CAN ANYONE KNOW HOW TO?

Hey guys i had a strange situation last night. I got the sys update notification and then tied to install it. When it started i got the android warning triangle and it had a status saying failed signiture verification or something along those lines.

I had to reboot and fone was fine but still on FRG83 and no sign of my update. I have checked system updates in settings and also checked in and nothing is coming. I was wondering if when you get a system update it is auto stored on the SD card as update zip? As if it is then i can just boot into recovery and retry applying it. I don't want to do this without being sure that the update will be stored as that file just incase i am having to unbrick my phone afterwards lol.

I am not sure if this problem initially happened because i have clockwork mod recovery as my recovery image.

Anyone else had this situation and remedied it?

Note that i have unlucked and rooted but i have kept the stock rom only thing i have done is flashed the recovery as noted above and used the backup features.

Quote Originally Posted by -John- View Post
    I received a system update installation a few minutes ago. It said it needs to restart in order to install, so I said "Ok". After the phone restarted, nothing was installed. I'm still on FRG83. Did this happen to anyone?
    Yes, it just happened to me this morning. My girlfriend's phone updated fine yesterday, it got the notification, told me the update was coming in 2 pieces, it rebooted and installed stuff and says it has FRG83D. My phone, I got the notification, I let the phone reboot itself, and then nada, still at FRG83. Did the checkin, it was successful, but still nothing. hmmm.

Only difference is she has more available memory than me, I've got 36.6 MB, she has around 70 MB free. Angry Birds wouldn't install on my phone either, but it installed fine on her phone.

Same for me too. Don't really see any difference.

Google must have a genuine reason to launch Gingerbread step by step. Just wait...patience is a virtue!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -John- View Post
    I received a system update installation a few minutes ago. It said it needs to restart in order to install, so I said "Ok". After the phone restarted, nothing was installed. I'm still on FRG83. Did this happen to anyone?
    Yes, it just happened to me this morning. My girlfriend's phone updated fine yesterday, it got the notification, told me the update was coming in 2 pieces, it rebooted and installed stuff and says it has FRG83D. My phone, I got the notification, I let the phone reboot itself, and then nada, still at FRG83. Did the checkin, it was successful, but still nothing. hmmm.

Only difference is she has more available memory than me, I've got 36.6 MB, she has around 70 MB free. Angry Birds wouldn't install on my phone either, but it installed fine on her phone.
    I would suggest that you back up (Astro works great for me) some apps and delete them from being installed to get your internal storage amount up to 70 MB or more and then have your Nexus One try to update again. Then install your apps again once the update completed. Chances are though when Gingerbread is released you will go through this again.

This is already being discussed here:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post82826

I received both parts of the update last night. Tethering still works. However I read mention of a market update, but I'm still running 2.12. Anyone else?

* Edit: Apparently 2.12 is the latest market version, so never mind

Update didn't install apparently.. still on the non "D" version.

tethering works fine after FRG83D update.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links