New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread

This is a discussion on New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just manually updated to FRG83D.. is there something else I should dl? I heard it's a 2 part update....

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread

I just manually updated to FRG83D.. is there something else I should dl? I heard it's a 2 part update.

Quote Originally Posted by -John- View Post
    I received a system update installation a few minutes ago. It said it needs to restart in order to install, so I said "Ok". After the phone restarted, nothing was installed. I'm still on FRG83. Did this happen to anyone?
    Yes, had the exact same experience last night. Then, about 15 minutes later....it gave me the update message again....and it downloaded/installed again....now I'm on FRG83D

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneToo View Post
    just got the update... not only is tethering not affected, but (I hate to jinx it) my 3G signal strength is way better! It might be a fluke, but I actually posted a thread in the T-Mobile section about horrible 3G connectivity - and for the past hour or so it's vastly improved (this is immediately after update).

maybe its the time of day? (signal strength better in afternoon?) - but I never noticed it becoming this much noticeably better later in the day... previously I thought it was a t-mo thing, but now I'm wondering if it was the phone and this update helped?
    *Update - confirmed that it is not a "time of day" thing for the 3G connectivity... tethered right now on 3G and it's stronger/faster than ever (I'm very pleased!).

This can't be a coincidence - it really seems as if the update has bettered my 3G connectivity.

On a side note, Google Maps is slow loading - interestingly same thing happened after Froyo 2.2 (until a google map update)... I use maps every morning to check traffic conditions and this morning not only was is slow to display entire screen (actually locked up once) but the traffic was inaccurate (it's usually spot on)... this could be a coincidence, but if it continues I hope there is a google maps update real soon.

FYI,

I was having trouble getting the update to initiate part 2, removing my sim card, rebooting, and finally the system update came in. Might be worth a try for those still waiting for part 2.

Also I was unable to update (getting exclamation mark during update), this was due to me uninstalling some system apps like car home, amazon mp3 etc... I was a HUGE PITA but I was able to use a stock update file, extract the system apps, including the .odex files and put them int the system/app folder changing the permissions as well to match the rest of the files in there. Then I was able to run the manual update and now finally have FRG83D! :D I'm sure the automatic update would have worked too but it was quicker for me to do it manual.

So stay away from removing any system apps with titanium backup, if you want to avoid this problem in the future, cause titanium does not restore the system apps!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjsturm View Post
    I received a system update installation a few minutes ago. It said it needs to restart in order to install, so I said "Ok". After the phone restarted, nothing was installed. I'm still on FRG83. Did this happen to anyone?
    Yes, had the exact same experience last night. Then, about 15 minutes later....it gave me the update message again....and it downloaded/installed again....now I'm on FRG83D

hmm..happened to me...it's been about 18 hours now with no update still :\

Quote Originally Posted by brantrac View Post
    Have you tried to check in?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Have you cleared at least 50 mb free space, also have you tried pulling your SIM card, and rebooting, it worked for me, update part 2 came right away, after it had been 8hrs+ waiting....

Quote Originally Posted by quick View Post

Have you cleared at least 50 mb free space, also have you tried pulling your SIM card, and rebooting, it worked for me, update part 2 came right away, after it had been 8hrs+ waiting....

yup, 54mb space, pulled the sim card and rebooted (did that twice)...did check in at least like 25 times haha... nothing.

yup, 54mb space, pulled the sim card and rebooted (did that twice)...did check in at least like 25 times haha... nothing.
    LOL, did the same yesterday, try pulling SIM and SD CARD, and reboot... then go to settings, about, system updates. I pulled both of these the first time I finally got the part two update to show up.

LOL, did the same yesterday, try pulling SIM and SD CARD, and reboot... then go to settings, about, system updates. I pulled both of these the first time I finally got the part two update to show up.

this is beginning to get a bit frustrating i did exactly as you directed but alas nothing why would the pop up tell me to reboot if nothing was going to happen? :confused:

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links