New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread

This is a discussion on New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by f0ul99 Originally Posted by iamsra Originally Posted by f0ul99 There are a cache-cleaning apps like CacheMate etc. Or u can go to ...

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 170

Thread: New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread

  1. #151
    Junior Member dawd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post

    There are a cache-cleaning apps like CacheMate etc. Or u can go to setting>application>manage app and click the particular app (e.g. Mail) and the will be options like move to sd, remove, clear cache etc.

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Tks again..u guys are cool. I've installed cachemate. There is another one cache cleaner with Lots of good comments.

    Now when will this big 'D' come again...!!
    Try the *#*#checkin#*#* on the dialer to wake the big 'D' up :D

    *#*#2432546#*#* on the dialer keypad

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Guess you don't read the previous posts. Have tried it multiple times. No luck. Wish it was this simple.

  2. #152
    Junior Member Ray2Jerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    20
    It seems pretty random as to when it'll try to update OTA. Personally I've had to manually install most updates because I never seem to get notified, but this 'D' one came through unexpectedly and installed both parts one after the other just fine.

    I also had very little phone space left too (my one big peeve about an otherwise amazing device, i find it very frustrating that I have a 16GB card yet have to constantly delete apps and clear cache to use my phone!!) but it installed anyway. I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to the update process..

  3. #153
    Member iamsra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post

    There are a cache-cleaning apps like CacheMate etc. Or u can go to setting>application>manage app and click the particular app (e.g. Mail) and the will be options like move to sd, remove, clear cache etc.

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Tks again..u guys are cool. I've installed cachemate. There is another one cache cleaner with Lots of good comments.

    Now when will this big 'D' come again...!!
    Try the *#*#checkin#*#* on the dialer to wake the big 'D' up :D

    *#*#2432546#*#* on the dialer keypad

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    yea...did that. It said 'Checkin succeeded'. Thats about it!!

    Did u buy the tapatalk? Is it good?
    (Sorry, I seem to taking lessons!)

  4. #154
    Senior Member f0ul99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by dawd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsra View Post

    Tks again..u guys are cool. I've installed cachemate. There is another one cache cleaner with Lots of good comments.

    Now when will this big 'D' come again...!!
    Try the *#*#checkin#*#* on the dialer to wake the big 'D' up :D

    *#*#2432546#*#* on the dialer keypad

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Guess you don't read the previous posts. Have tried it multiple times. No luck. Wish it was this simple.
    Oops my bad. Yup I didn't read the previous post. Give them 24 hours and they'll come back.


    Quote Originally Posted by iamsra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsra View Post

    Tks again..u guys are cool. I've installed cachemate. There is another one cache cleaner with Lots of good comments.

    Now when will this big 'D' come again...!!
    Try the *#*#checkin#*#* on the dialer to wake the big 'D' up :D

    *#*#2432546#*#* on the dialer keypad

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    yea...did that. It said 'Checkin succeeded'. Thats about it!!

    Did u buy the tapatalk? Is it good?
    (Sorry, I seem to taking lessons!)
    Regarding the update, normally it will come again in 24 hours.

    Yes I use the Tapatalk Pro. There is a free version in the market. I like it because I hardly can use my computer. On the move all the time.


    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

  5. #155
    Android Lurker iPeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Laval, Qc
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray2Jerry View Post
    Personally I've had to manually install most updates because I never seem to get notified, but this 'D' one came through unexpectedly and installed both parts one after the other just fine.
    How you do manually install updates ? Take 'em on the web ??

  6. #156
    Member -John-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    32
    I just had to manually update, because it did not appear again after a couple of days. Here's how you manually install the update (Only do the Step 3):

    [How-to] Prep Nexus One for Gingerbread - Android Forums

  7. #157
    Junior Member brantrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post

    There are a cache-cleaning apps like CacheMate etc. Or u can go to setting>application>manage app and click the particular app (e.g. Mail) and the will be options like move to sd, remove, clear cache etc.

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Tks again..u guys are cool. I've installed cachemate. There is another one cache cleaner with Lots of good comments.

    Now when will this big 'D' come again...!!
    Try the *#*#checkin#*#* on the dialer to wake the big 'D' up :D

    *#*#2432546#*#* on the dialer keypad

    Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

    ideally it would haha...

  8. #158
    Android Lurker iPeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Laval, Qc
    Posts
    3
    Tks. Looks pretty fastidious to install...

  9. #159
    Member missnexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    98
    updated mine yesterday... I noticed that when i remove it from the car dock now, the car home remains open instead of my home screen. :\

  10. #160
    Junior Member jeffesaurusrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6
    I got mine a couple of nights ago. It seems almost as if it's completely random when I get mine. For 2.2 I manually updated because it was taking so long, and for 2.2.1 I got it before I ever even saw news of it. This FRG83D took a while to get too, I almost manually did it because I was having the call answering delay bug (which seems to have been fixed but I can't be sure yet).

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum