New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread

This is a discussion on New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Nu n1 from voda uk unlocked out of the box. No updates how to tell a developer phone Tried the upgrade via pc but fone ...

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Froyo build FRG83D..Still no gingerbread

Nu n1 from voda uk unlocked out of the box. No updates how to tell a developer phone

Tried the upgrade via pc but fone wont do it prob doing summit wrong what now?

My update came in last night - I can't tell any difference so far. Market # has changed, but still looks the same to me.

From the looks of this update, it looks like its going to be a while. They could have just implemented this into gingerbread. Just my theory, i don't think we are going to see it till after the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
    From the looks of this update, it looks like its going to be a while. They could have just implemented this into gingerbread. Just my theory, i don't think we are going to see it till after the holidays.
    That could very well be. I did see somewhere that maybe this update was needed to get our Nexus Ones ready for Gingerbread though.

I did the update this morning on my phone, not sure what it did, if anything for me. But everything is still working! So that's a plus.

I received a system update installation a few minutes ago. It said it needs to restart in order to install, so I said "Ok". After the phone restarted, nothing was installed. I'm still on FRG83. Did this happen to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by -John- View Post
    I received a system update installation a few minutes ago. It said it needs to restart in order to install, so I said "Ok". After the phone restarted, nothing was installed. I'm still on FRG83. Did this happen to anyone?
    I think you may have just not seen the b at the end of frg83b or maybe it actually didn`t install. Did it do the little logo of an update when it installed? Have you turned your phone off since the update? Have you tried checking in?

Well, this was strange: Before leaving to lunch, I forwarded the phones to my Nexus One...forward, ring, answer, no problem. However, after the second forward, the screen went black (like asleep), it would not respond to the power button pressing to wake up the phone. I was all ready to pull the cover and do a battery pull when the screen came on. 10 minutes later, I get a text sms message and go to respond and (I use Handcent) I see a black empty list of no text messages...power button to put to sleep, power button to wake up and slide to unlock and that same screen now has my message listing.
    Yay Google, what did you do to my Nexus One??!!??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    I think you may have just not seen the b at the end of frg83b or maybe it actually didn`t install. Did it do the little logo of an update when it installed? Have you turned your phone off since the update? Have you tried checking in?
    My version is now FRG83D after the update...are some of yours ending in B?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    It didn't do anything different when it booted back up. I don't think I got the new Froyo update, cause it would have changed the build number otherwise. It did say it was part one of two system updates when I got the notification though, but I did not get anything. Yes I did the check in and the system updates but nothing happened.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links