Are there any good sense ui roms?

This is a discussion on Are there any good sense ui roms? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have flashed almost every single sense ui rom for the nexus i could find and I can not find a decent one anywhere. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any good sense ui roms?

Are there any good sense ui roms?

I have flashed almost every single sense ui rom for the nexus i could find and I can not find a decent one anywhere. I really just want sense for the widgets, so if there is way to just get those then that would be even better, but every sense rom I have flashed has had major flaws. Either they leave little to no free internal memory, they random start every 5 seconds, or they leave me with no data. I have tried multiple wipes of all data, cache, and sd card, and still nothing. This is pretty frustrating and i never have any problems flashing normal roms or even roms like miui.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by card0124 View Post
    I have flashed almost every single sense ui rom for the nexus i could find and I can not find a decent one anywhere. I really just want sense for the widgets, so if there is way to just get those then that would be even better, but every sense rom I have flashed has had major flaws. Either they leave little to no free internal memory, they random start every 5 seconds, or they leave me with no data. I have tried multiple wipes of all data, cache, and sd card, and still nothing. This is pretty frustrating and i never have any problems flashing normal roms or even roms like miui.
    Have you tried MicroMods desire superhybrid? Myself and others in this forum have and find his work and attitude to be very solid and reliable.

You can find his work here: [ROM]MM's v2.12 Desire SuperHybrid (925mV Battery Saver Kernel, Wifi-Calln) 11/20/10 - xda-developers

FYI his latest 2 or 3 releases all require that you have a radio of 5.08 or higher. His earlier ones don't.]

DG
    Rooted One Click Method 8/11/10
    Unlocked Bootloader 11/11/10
    Rom: CM7 RC1 w/ Honeybread theme

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    (I'll either find a way or make one)

DragonGunner

That is actually the one I used most recently, and to be honest I didn't even check my radio, and I'm also not sure how, would you please tell me how I know which radio I am using, and also would that be a reason that the phone would restart after not even being on for more then a few seconds.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

That is actually the one I used most recently, and to be honest I didn't even check my radio, and I'm also not sure how, would you please tell me how I know which radio I am using, and also would that be a reason that the phone would restart after not even being on for more then a few seconds.
    If you were using his latest and have never updated your radio then its almost guaranteed that is why you were having problems.

To check what radio version you have all depends on what rom you have but for the most part its the same: menu/settings/about phone.

You can tell what radio you have by reading the "Baseband Version". For example if you have 4.06 after the underscore then your version is not suitable for his latest releases.

To update your radio version if you should choose to do so go to:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ean-radio.html

and read up on how to do so. Its fairly simple and I recently did it myself without any problems. Just do yourself a favor and again read up as much as you can on the topic because flashing a new radio can brick your phone if done incorrectly.

Let me know how it goes or what you decide.

DG

DragonGunner

Btw, you can still download his earlier versions prior to v2.9 to try out his rom before you decide to get his latest releases. This will save you from having to mess with your radio.

DragonGunner

I just flashed the new radio now, and am about to flash the new rom. I had no idea this could even help with service reception. Guess there is always something new to learn here. Really stressed me out while flashing with all that talk of bricking, but I was able to do it successfully.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Great job. I hope you enjoy MM rom's as much as I do. If you have any questions about the rom MicroMod always finds time to answer you.

DragonGunner

Awesome thank you for your help half the time when i ask a question on here i am ignored, so it's nice to have someone help me out.
    GO BRONCOS!!!!

Awesome thank you for your help half the time when i ask a question on here i am ignored, so it's nice to have someone help me out.
    I am glad I was able to help you out. Have fun with the new toy. Its always a new toy for me when I change rom's.

DragonGunner

Quote Originally Posted by hedi01 View Post
    I am glad I was able to help you out. Have fun with these movies
    What are you talking about?