WTK: how to connect to wifi through a proxy server

This is a discussion on WTK: how to connect to wifi through a proxy server within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; As the topic says i would like to know how(if possible) to get my nexus one to connect to my university's wifi network. The way ...

Thread: WTK: how to connect to wifi through a proxy server

WTK: how to connect to wifi through a proxy server

As the topic says i would like to know how(if possible) to get my nexus one to connect to my university's wifi network.

The way i usually access it is going into internet explorer-->Tools-->Connections-->LAN settings,
    then check the box"Use proxy server for your LAN" and i enter the address and port and save these settings.Then i close internet explorer(or restart if i'm using internet explorer)and open firefox where i'm prompted to enter my username and password and then i'm connected.

Now is it all possible to do is on my nexus one and how?
    Note:my phone is not rooted,completely stock with android version 2.2.1 build # FRG83D
    i also forgot to mention before i do the above i have to search for the wifi where i find the wifi labeled "Other Network".On clicking it i'm then prompted to enter the SSID and it then connects but with the limited connectivity icon being displayed(this stays on even while i browse the net after i enter the above)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

you can do this by going to setting -> wireless and connectivity -> Wi-Fi settings then you should see a list of Wi-Fi networks click on the one you want do whatever you usually do to get into the network then like you said just go into the browser inter your info and that should be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    you can do this by going to setting -> wireless and connectivity -> Wi-Fi settings then you should see a list of Wi-Fi networks click on the one you want do whatever you usually do to get into the network then like you said just go into the browser inter your info and that should be it.
    yeah i normally do this to connect to a normal wifi network but when i connect to my university's network it just says obtaining ip address and does not connect.from what research i've done there is no option on android to enter the proxy address, port number and authentication and this seem to be a big flaw for a android or they just completely left it out as the iphone and blackberry are able to do it.i just hope they address this issue in the gingerbread update as this is how many companies and universities allow access to their network.but for now i was wondering if there is an app available or any other way around this?

All you need id app call IP manager from Market!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links