Void Sticker In My Phone

This is a discussion on Void Sticker In My Phone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Yesterday I noticed what appeared to be a small piece of white paper inside of my headphone jack receptor. after I removed it I noticed ...

Thread: Void Sticker In My Phone

Void Sticker In My Phone

Yesterday I noticed what appeared to be a small piece of white paper inside of my headphone jack receptor. after I removed it I noticed that the white sticker in the upper corner near there was gone and it had a black sticker with the the letters "VOID" in place of it. WTF? This pisses me off. HTC has something that crappy to notify us that our phone warranty is voided for no good reason at all? I cry foul!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    It's common for such a sticker to be placed in the hole of a screw, where the phone cannot be opened without removing that sticker (thus voiding the warranty). If you had such a sticker in your headphone jack it's pretty safe to assume that sticker got there accidentally during the manufacturing process and you have not voided your warranty -- no foul to cry about.

On the other hand, if that sticker was not accessible except by opening your hardware up, you have voided your warranty but this too is not a "foul" -- it's pretty common knowledge that you don't open up electronics you want a warranty on. This doesn't stop people from cracking things open of course, but mostly, people who do that don't expect to retain their warranty.

I've never opened my phone more than taking the back piece off to pull the battery.

To put it more simply, the void sticker means, "if you remove me, your warranty is void" (unless you can explain what happened to HTC, in which case they'll probably accept it).

It is NOT saying that your warranty is already void.

mah
    Taking off the battery cover won't void the warranty on your HTC product... I believe only Apple's products have that atrocity* attached to them. Sounds like you're fine and the sticker was in that position errantly.

*A few years ago I bought my wife an Apple iTouch for her birthday, and after a good bit of time the battery would no longer hold a reasonable charge. She decided this just a day before we went on a trip (and she wanted to take the iTouch with us) so she had no time to waste in getting the battery replaced. She took it to the local Apple store for service... battery cost: $20. Labor for them to remove the cover, de-solder the old battery, and re-solder the new one: $100 and they gave her a $20 discount for a final charge of $100. Some discount.

I realize that Apple fans can't decide what they like or want, and that Uncle Steve must do that for them. Are they really incapable of changing their own batteries though? At least when my wife asked for an iPad, I was able to convince her to wait for a good Android pad to be available.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links