Updates after 2.2

This is a discussion on Updates after 2.2 within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ya you should have no problem with that everything will stay the same just you will lose your apps data etc. Although I am not ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Updates after 2.2

Ya you should have no problem with that everything will stay the same just you will lose your apps data etc. Although I am not sure why you would want to do this because you still will have the same problem with the OTAs and your build number will not change to frf91 or something like that. But if you want to do it you should have no problem.

ok.. your right can i flash the phone with 2.2.1 rom ? or i need to get a non tweaked 2.2 and flash with it ?

Well before you can flash a ROM you need to root I didn`t even thing you were rooted. if you need some help on flashing the ROM I or other forum embers can give it to you but first you need to root and since it is not a default ROM I don`t know if it is the same method but probably the same as frf91 so I would just go with one click root. Unless you want to unlock the bootloader.

hmm no im not rooted. ok ill check with carrier if they plan to release the updates 1st. OneClickRoot is a phone or pc/mac app ? I'm on a mac.

thanks for all the help, its appreciated

Your welcome it’s always a pleasure to help out a fellow nexus one owner/forumer

Well to save me some time I will just send you a link to the thread that give instruction on the app there is an apk file that is the one click root app just download it to you phone and then from in the app you can root, unroot at will. Once you have rooted you can come back to me and I will explain how to flash a ROM.

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tructions.html

Edit: Forgot to say that it is probably a good idea to check with videotron before you root to see it the updates are coming, since you may not need to root.

neat ! tx

Here's some more info I stumbled upon:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=859480

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Excellent ! Thanks to all that helped i should copy this link into the carrier specific section...

Sent from my Nexus One via Tapatalk

Hi
    I followed this discussion and has a owner of a nexus one, I talk with a guy at videotron, who said to me that the 2.2.1 is in testing mode in the videotron services

I assume that your french is good, Ipeck, so check this

Nexus One (rapport complet du test) - Tests techno - BRANCHEZ-VOUS! Techno : Tests de produits Techno .... ša explique les retards d'updates des android...

So ipeck does this mean you don`t need to root or your still going to do it?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links