Download/Upload Speeds

This is a discussion on Download/Upload Speeds within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I went to www.speedtest.net to see what my 3G speeds were. They seem much slower than others with N1's. I had full bars or all ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Download/Upload Speeds

Download/Upload Speeds

I went to www.speedtest.net to see what my 3G speeds were. They seem much slower than others with N1's. I had full bars or all but 1 and my uploads were faster than my downloads. I was getting about 1mpbs upload but averaging like .6mbps download. That seems crazy slow to me. I am in the Miami area and according to their coverage map in a very 3G friendly zone. Like I mentioned I had full or nearly full signal. I was definitely on 3G and not EDGE.

What gives?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i'm in nyc and have tmobile and have basically the same thing. i think it's a tmobile issue. ive tried it out on atlanta and miami as well and got the same crappy results. unless our phones are lemons

I've seen screenshots of speedtests by others on T-Mobile that have gotten over 5mbps download. I don't think it's T-mobile.

Maybe it's due to heavy traffic in the area?

I wonder will the speed shows be different between using the speedstest app or the homepage? Due to the low speed, I have been changing sim card and ask HTC for motherboard chagning, seems not much improve?

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

I'm a T-Mo user, and get 1.0 up and 0.5 down according to the webpage, but 2.0 and 0.7 according to the app (which is about 3 times faster than any iPhone in my office).

I get 6.0 and 2.0 when I'm on Wi-Fi (not that I'm accusing some screen caps of fudging the results...)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I didn't realize there was an app. I just tried it and I'm getting 1.1 up and .5 down on the app. Still seems slow.

I am in Miami and this is reading the closest server as being in Tampa (about 250 miles away). Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    I've seen screenshots of speedtests by others on T-Mobile that have gotten over 5mbps download. I don't think it's T-mobile.

Maybe it's due to heavy traffic in the area?

well if it is b/c of heavy traffic, isnt that t mobile's problem? i dont see what else could cause it. they cant handle the traffic

Is there any significance to upload speeds being faster than download speeds?

Can you imagine how bogged down all of the 3G networks are simply because everyone is doing speed tests all of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    Is there any significance to upload speeds being faster than download speeds?
    No, it's normal, even on your home internet connection. Most people want to download, not upload...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links