Help me decide...please

This is a discussion on Help me decide...please within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I agree with BG. DT works fine. Seems to me that you are just ready to move on....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me decide...please

I agree with BG. DT works fine. Seems to me that you are just ready to move on.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Last time I flashed cm6 i forthwith low on memory warning before half my apps were restored. Also cyanogens twitter stated that apps2ext is not supported on cm6. I'm pretty sure not all your apps are on sdcard unless you are using an apps2ext script.

But main thing I wanna know is do you think HTC will release an android phone that will out do the DHD anytime soon or will they wait a few months since DHD and DZ are fairly new.

SBS you're probably right. I'm tempted to move on. Only thing holding me back is lack of knowledge of when HTC will release its next bad boy android phone. I'm tryna get expert opinions on weather it is the right time or nah.

Darktremor works well I know but I have read there is s high risk of the scripts messing up and corrupting your sdcard so I am extra hesitant to do that. Too much stuff on sdcard for me to lose unexpectedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Last time I flashed cm6 i forthwith low on memory warning before half my apps were restored. Also cyanogens twitter stated that apps2ext is not supported on cm6. I'm pretty sure not all your apps are on sdcard unless you are using an apps2ext script.

But main thing I wanna know is do you think HTC will release an android phone that will out do the DHD anytime soon or will they wait a few months since DHD and DZ are fairly new.
    I didn't say apps2ext, I said apps2SD. I have not modified the partition(s) on the SD card. I don't feel the need for ext.

If you use the application called "App 2 SD" you might be fooled because this program only shows apps that report the "standard" ability to be moved using the non-custom android builds. CM6 will let you move the apps to SD regardless.

Not entirely true BG because when i tried to flash it i got the low on memory warning before 50% of my apps were restored. I didnt meant to imply you were using apps2ext. I knew you meant to sd but my thing is if you had as many apps as I have on my phone you would not be able to move all of them to sdcard.

Also I'm annoyed at even having such an issue anyway, this is one of my main motivations to get a new phone. With about 1gb for apps on a new device i wouldnt even bother with apps2sd or ext.

Why not just get a bigger SD card like a 32GB then if all your apps don`t fit on it you really have allot of apps so all you really have to do is get app2sd and then flash cm6 then you have a newer cm build and you don`t have to worry about internal memory. Seriously I think that if you backup with titanium backup and it tell you, you have to much data then I would try clearing cache and data on some less important apps.

As for if you want to get a new phone you said that you wanted to have our opinion on whether you should get the desire HD or wait for a gingerbread phone I think I speak for most of us when I say neither, wait for gingerbread to be launched and a few phones to be released and then honeycomb will come out just get one of those new phones. The reason we say wait for honeycomb is because honeycomb will be released in Q1 2011 because it is suppose to welcome tablets and tegra 2`s so since they will start coming out in Q1 2011 then it only makes sense to release an operating system that welcomes then when they get here.

Does that answer your question on what we think of getting a new phone.

Yeah I get you on the Honeycomb thing. But I dont need a bigger sdcard. Thats not the issue at all. Right now on cm 5.0.8. I have apps2ext enabled and the limit is endless. Its when I uipgrade to cm6.1 I lose apps2ext functionality. But thanks on the clarification for gingerbread. If it comes out Q1 though, maybe google should have just merged gingerbread & honeycomb into one. :-/

Thanks for the feedback so far from everyone. making me look at things from a broader viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    If it comes out Q1 though, maybe google should have just merged gingerbread & honeycomb into one. :-/
    Well I think they didn`t do that because they want to keep up their 6 month schedule (if we can even call it that). Another reason might be that they want to launch gingerbread at the same time as the nexus S and they want to have the nexus S available by x-mas. Also I think honeycomb will just be like an exception to the 6 month schedule and it will continue like if it never happened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links