Help me decide...please

This is a discussion on Help me decide...please within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Proud n1 owner since January, love the n1 to death. My problem came up when I rooted to cyanogen for apps2ext before froyo came out. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me decide...please

Help me decide...please

Proud n1 owner since January, love the n1 to death. My problem came up when I rooted to cyanogen for apps2ext before froyo came out. Before you know it a froyo cm version came out but it did not include apps2ext. This left me stranded because upgrading to cm froyo or any froyo meant that I would have to get rid of plenty apps. I was not prepared to do so, so I have missed out on adobe flash etc ever since.

So I started thinking about getting a new phone. Looked at the Nexus S but truth be told the thing looks ugly to me. So now I'm interested in getting the Desire HD. However I am worried if I get the desire HD and HTC then released another android based phone soon after gingerbread came out I would be angry. So to all those with inside info or good at predicting the smartphone market, is it likely HTC will bring out another android based phone when GB is out or is it desire HD for a while now?

Discussions welcome.

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I hate to Burst your Bubble but Apps2SD does work for CM 6

[Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (10/03/2010) - xda-developers
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Well one thing is for sure when it comes to tech and any advancement related to it there will always be something new around the corner so if you wait for something new all the time you will never get anything so buy when you feel is right.

One question though why would you get a new phone instead of just keeping you nexus and changing ROM cause if you change phone you will lose all your apps on the new phone so either way you lose your data. And if you are worried about losing your data just backup via titanium backup.

As far as getting a desire HD itís a nice phone if you want it that is more a matter of taste but I think the nexus one is just as good and actually better but whatever like I said that is a matter of taste.

As for htc taking something out after gingerbread I would defiantly count on it but it might not be what you are looking for but if you are looking for a new phone so you get the new OS I would wait for honeycomb cause it is suppose to come out not far after gingerbread like Q1 2011 I think (feel free to correct me if I am wrong anyone) so I would skip on a gingerbread phone and just get a honeycomb one.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I'm not understanding why not just use another ROM that has apps2sd+ support? There's several out.
    Androidfied.

What ROMs would you guys recommend for someone used to cyanogen? But i want a new device for better specs, bigger screen etc. Only thing i would miss is the trackball.

Anyhow i don't want to root the desire HD if i get it, so what's the best way to backup my none Market apps from N1 and putting them onto DHD? Any work around for that?

I think you are jumping the gun too early. I would wait until Honeycomb was official and available. Unless you feel like buying yet another phone in 4-6 mo, you'll likely be kicking yourself for not waiting. Why not wait and get an iPad or Android tablet instead, and keep the N1? It is just a phone, anyway, and you likely won't notice much difference with the other phones available today.

Regarding backup, I'm absolutely not an expert, but isn't that what Titanium and Nandroid are for?

Well exactly that is what I want you guys to help me figure out. If Gb is coming soon, surely it would be at least 6 months till HC came out right?Or am i wrong. In assuming that? I fail to see the point in releasing them less than 6 months apart. They might as well wait till the new iPhone comes out in June or whatever. That being said if my assumption is true i def can't wait that long for HC to come out. I got N1 in January and maybe i could continue the trend of new device every 12 months seeing with how technology evolves rapidly nowadays?

Sadly you need root for titanium. But i wouldn't want to root the DHD for a while if i got one.

I'm really missing something here. I had CM before Froyo came out, didn't get the Froyo upgrade, waited for the CM upgrade that included Froyo. The nightlies (through Passion 269) and RC's haven't updated the two last OTA's yet. I've not had any program lost due to the changes. That includes Flash.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Its apps2ext I'm on about. I used it on CM5 but its not available on CM6 (froyo) Therefore if i upgrade i will have to ditch tonnes of apps i was able to install due to app2ext. I heard bout the darktremor scripts but they apparently can corrupt your sdcard. So had it not been for me enabling apps2ext (or Google making sure the nexus had so little internal memory) i wouldn't be too bothered by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Its apps2ext I'm on about. I used it on CM5 but its not available on CM6 (froyo) Therefore if i upgrade i will have to ditch tonnes of apps i was able to install due to app2ext. I heard bout the darktremor scripts but they apparently can corrupt your sdcard. So had it not been for me enabling apps2ext (or Google making sure the nexus had so little internal memory) i wouldn't be too bothered by this.
    Dude, I'm using CM 6.1 RC2 and I move all of my apps to SD. So I'm not sure what your problem really is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links