Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update?

This is a discussion on Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Yes I have had the same. actually sent it back and get a replacement battery and no change. Other forums didn't beleive that it was ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update?

Yes I have had the same. actually sent it back and get a replacement battery and no change. Other forums didn't beleive that it was related to upgrade. I also find that the battery actually drains when the phone is turned off at night. I can go from half to totally empty battery with the phone off (overnight).

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post
    I've got the latest stock ROM, 2.2.1, FRG83D

Could do a factory reset as this has worked for me in the past but its so annoying have to backup and restore all the apps/settings, etc.
    I did a factory reset and it hasn't made any real difference. Thinking of reinstalling upgrade, does anyone know how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by PrepaidPlans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post
    I've got the latest stock ROM, 2.2.1, FRG83D

Could do a factory reset as this has worked for me in the past but its so annoying have to backup and restore all the apps/settings, etc.
    I did a factory reset and it hasn't made any real difference. Thinking of reinstalling upgrade, does anyone know how to do this?
    I do but unfortunately it involves rooting and flashing the stock ROM so I know if you want it that bad.

I had a full charge this morning (Aust time). Its is now 1.30 in the afternoon and my battery will last another maybe 2 hours (in the orange zone) and I have hardly used it. I just did a Factory reset to remove gmail account and anything that this might be drawinig on. By removing gmail it has stopped the resync with my backup which was reinstalling apps. Some that I had manually removed were still showing up.

Any advice on how to get back to the previous version would be appreciated. Warning that I am not overly technical.

Well what I stated on my above post could also bring you back to the previous version and other than that no you can`t go back. So tell me if you want to root and I will send you the guide. But I would advise against it check this thread for a reason why http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-tomorrow.html

Yes read it. OK I will give it the week and see how we go.

Seriously that is probably the best thing you could do I think.

Just got my Nexus One a week ago.
    I can say it's a Nice phone.
    But one thing I notice is battery life doesn't last a day. And when I check the Battery usage, Display uses 78 to 98% of baterry life.
    I try to adjust everything in the display to save power, but still same percentge of battery usage. Is this normal for Nexus one or something's wrong with my phone or the battery?
    And the icons below are somewhat unresponsive of which I read it somewhere in a review about N1.

Yep, definitely noticed more battery consumption after update. Hopefully this is only temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by EnmaAi001 View Post
    Just got my Nexus One a week ago.
    I can say it's a Nice phone.
    But one thing I notice is battery life doesn't last a day. And when I check the Battery usage, Display uses 78 to 98% of baterry life.
    I try to adjust everything in the display to save power, but still same percentge of battery usage. Is this normal for Nexus one or something's wrong with my phone or the battery?
    And the icons below are somewhat unresponsive of which I read it somewhere in a review about N1.
    Yes, if you use your phone for any amount of time, it's normal for the display to use up most of the battery. There really isn't any way around that, apart from not using your phone!

My problem continues, but intermittently. I wish there was a more detailed list of what exactly is using up the battery. Yesterday was my worst day so far: 4hrs off the charger, and after about 5min of display-on time, and about 2hrs of music listening through headphones, I was down to 16% charge. Android OS was up to 92%!!

I threw it on the charger after that, and since then it's been fine! Truly odd. Anyway, Gingerbread can't be that far off now, so hopefully soon we can put this unfortunate experience behind us.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links