Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update?

This is a discussion on Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by EnmaAi001 Just got my Nexus One a week ago. I can say it's a Nice phone. But one thing I notice is ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update?

Quote Originally Posted by EnmaAi001 View Post
    Just got my Nexus One a week ago.
    I can say it's a Nice phone.
    But one thing I notice is battery life doesn't last a day. And when I check the Battery usage, Display uses 78 to 98% of baterry life.
    I try to adjust everything in the display to save power, but still same percentge of battery usage. Is this normal for Nexus one or something's wrong with my phone or the battery?
    And the icons below are somewhat unresponsive of which I read it somewhere in a review about N1.
    The display buttons below are faulty in the N1. Tap just above them and you'll be fine.

As for the battery. Many of us went through this early on. What we found was that the battery life actually made a significant improvement after a few weeks of normal use. In addition there was a thread about how to solve battery problems. My recommendation would be to read it with a grain of salt, but do the basics.

-Drain battery
    -Turn on, it'll die soon (usually at the end of bootup)
    -Charge (Turn N1 on after you plug it in)
    -Charge at least 4 hours longer after it reaches "100%" (overnight is fine)
    -repeat drain and charge about once every 30 charges
    -try not to let it go below 40% more than necessary.

I think you'll find that with this battery maintenance you'll get a full day with normal usage.

Ok well I have personally never heard of this and never done it and got almost 2 full days out of my battery with moderate use. I say this in the past tense because since I got my amoled screen replaced by an lcd itís not as good.

That sounds like what we used to do with NiCad/Nimh, but does not apply as far as I know to Lithium-ion.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

according to this
    [Guide] Everything you wanted to know about Li-Ion batteries but were afraid to ask! - xda-developers
    it is not good to drain your battery to 0 (:
    plus i have the same problem with battery

Bit more info...
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/1...92#entry100892

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Guys. This has been covered in this forum, ad nauseum. Yes its okay to drain the battery. What you are doing when doing this is resetting the android system to match the battery.

Dude-random,
    All I can say is you must not have the same battery or don't use your phone at all. Maybe you've rooted. All I know is you're the only person I've heard of who gets anywhere near that kind of battery use.

Mine seems to be getting worse and worse. I think I'm gonna go back to Cyanogen mod as the battery consumption was noticably better, especially when SetCPU was used.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Guys. This has been covered in this forum, ad nauseum. Yes its okay to drain the battery. What you are doing when doing this is resetting the android system to match the battery.

Dude-random,
    All I can say is you must not have the same battery or don't use your phone at all. Maybe you've rooted. All I know is you're the only person I've heard of who gets anywhere near that kind of battery use.
    Just FYI...

Before this update I have gotten to 30 hours up plugged time. Every day I unplug at 530 or so am, and do not plug in till 11pm or so. I almost always have a green battery icon when I plug in. If I used the GPS a bunch that day, it wont make till 11, but 8 or 9 is not a problem.

Since this patch I might have to retract prior statements cause I am noticing a bit more drain then prior builds, but I have not 100% sure on that yet. Might be like 10-15% less battery life.

My phone is stock ATT Nexus, never rooted. OEM Battery. No automatic task killers.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post

Dude-random,
    Ok well just btw why would a I have a phone like this if I didn`t use it. And my battery is stock. Not rooted yet. But I will admit that when I say moderate usage it more like moderate usage on the first day and almost no usage on the second day so ya I may have been a little off with what I said. But what I did do to get the battery to work a little better is that when you first get it before any use charge it fully then let it drain to 0 this has always helped me get more life out of my Li-ion batteries.

So yesterday I tried using my USB PC cable to charge the phone as this is supposed to be a gentle trickle charge, I wondered if it might help the battery. In summary, it didn't, but after checking my battery use stats, I see the following (top 4 only):

Display 32% 31m
    Cell standby 22% 14h10m
    Phone idle 20% 13h39m
    Android System 7% 8m38

22h up time (Although only been up for 15h since last charge finished, battery now 54%)

I have an app called Netschedule to kill my data connections from 11pm - 6.30am, this way I don't get woken up my e-mail alerts, etc. Is it just me or does it seem strange that cell standby and phone idle are draining 42% of my battery life over such a short period?
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links