Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update?

This is a discussion on Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I haven't noticed battery performance loss since the last update but tonight I left my phone with 32% battery fill. As usuall I killed all ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update?

I haven't noticed battery performance loss since the last update but tonight I left my phone with 32% battery fill. As usuall I killed all tasks before going to sleep. How surprised I was when I found the battery dead in the morning (completely so the phone was switched off). This is quite odd, cause I was measuring once how much of a battery it spends during the night and it was just around 12%.

I'll continue watching this and report if I'll find out anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by d4ni3l View Post
    I haven't noticed battery performance loss since the last update but tonight I left my phone with 32% battery fill. As usuall I killed all tasks before going to sleep. How surprised I was when I found the battery dead in the morning (completely so the phone was switched off). This is quite odd, cause I was measuring once how much of a battery it spends during the night and it was just around 12%.

I'll continue watching this and report if I'll find out anything else.
    My phone switches itself off at about 15 - 20%, I can keep turning it back on but it'll just switch itself off after booting up fully after about 1 min. Its so weird!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post
    My phone switches itself off at about 15 - 20%, I can keep turning it back on but it'll just switch itself off after booting up fully after about 1 min. Its so weird!
    You really don't want to try turning it on again...

Read this:
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/1...92#entry100892

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Ok I've watched how the battery drains and I can confirm that it now drains way faster than it used to on 2.2. Damn it google, hope 2.3 is going to fix this and it comes soon.

21 hours unpluged (forgot to plug it in ... ops) 35% battery left. That is a bit lower then it was, but still plenty. Android System was only 4%.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Ok I've watched how the battery drains and I can confirm that it now drains way faster than it used to on 2.2. Damn it google, hope 2.3 is going to fix this and it comes soon.

I doubt 2.3 will fix the battery problem. Every new OS having more battery drain seems normal now. Not only android, but ios too.

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post

I doubt 2.3 will fix the battery problem. Every new OS having more battery drain seems normal now. Not only android, but ios too.
    I have noticed this as well, another thing that I have noticed is that the updates usually block a method of one click root before when they didn`t they didn`t increase the battery drains, or is this just me hallucinating?

Although for ios I can`t really explain that.

The best way I've found to save battery is reduce data usage
    Switch from 3G to Wifi or Edge

or the BEST

Switch Off Data completely
    Settings> Wireless & Network> Mobile Network> Uncheck Data Enabled
    (or get a free widget)
    This Works MIRACLES for Battery life
    Try it and let me know

I keep the phone topped up so haven't noticed the battery drain.

But i do get a much better 3G/HSDPA signal now. I now get 2-4 bars 3G in my home. Before a lot of the time it would be on Edge.

It wasn't the mast as my IPhone also had 2-3bars 3G whilst my nexus was always on Edge (same network obviously).

If the 3G radio has been tweaked to maintain a stronger 3G signal i guess that would use more power anyway.

My phone still eats up about 25 - 30% of battery during the period I am asleep (approx. 7 hours) and I have Netschedule app too which disables my data connection during this time!

I've downloaded Spare Parts to see if there is a "naughty" app using up the battery but it all looks totally normal. I really think it's the 2.2.1 update (FRG83D), I hope Gingerbread does sort the issue out!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links