Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update?

This is a discussion on Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Does anyone if apps like Taskkiller will make any difference? Still hanging out for 2.3 any news out there, the developer version is out I ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update?

Does anyone if apps like Taskkiller will make any difference? Still hanging out for 2.3 any news out there, the developer version is out I read, so we can't be far away.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepaidPlans View Post
    Does anyone if apps like Taskkiller will make any difference? Still hanging out for 2.3 any news out there, the developer version is out I read, so we can't be far away.
    I would advise against task killers they are pretty useless they are suppose to help but I think they hurt more than anything else.

I would say you are doing the right thing to wait out for gingerbread if you are rooted then you could flash it but apparently it's buggy, like very buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by PrepaidPlans View Post
    I use a task killer, BUT not on automated mode. I have a few times had apps crash that I could not get to restart right unless I first killed them with "Advanced Task Killer" ( I think that is the name of the one I use)

Automatic task killing I leave to the OS. It does a great job.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Yes, since update to Gingerbread, my O.S. usage - 44%is now double that of the display - 20% which used to be the most power hungry. I am now lucky to get 12 hrs out of a full battery and that is with hardly any phone usage at all.
    Strangely, my wife's phone which was updated at the same time shows O.S. at 11% and display at 80%. Her Bluetooth is connected all the time and she gets double the battery life as I do...............

Since Gingerbread update I also only get 12hrs on my battery

poor bat life after GB here too... I've posted about it since the beginning

Drastic drop in battery life ever since Giner Bread. I have to recharge my cell phones twice in a day and carry my charger almost everywhere i go, so that my cell phone (Nexus One) doesnt die on me during as important time/call.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links