Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update?

This is a discussion on Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've got the latest stock ROM, 2.2.1, FRG83D Since installing, my battery consumption has been useless. I also think more of my previously used apps ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update?

Anyone had poor battery life since latest stock update?

I've got the latest stock ROM, 2.2.1, FRG83D

Since installing, my battery consumption has been useless. I also think more of my previously used apps are running in the background as a couple of times, my phone has nearly crashed. After nearly "freezing" up, I pressed backed button to exit the currently open app and I did this about 25 times as it appeared to show then close every app window I had opened recently.

I might try a task killer even though this iteration of Android is supposed to automatically manage tasks without the need for task killer apps.

Anyone else had these issues? My battery used to last almost 2 days with quite a lot of use, it now has to be charged about every 20 hours. Could do a factory reset as this has worked for me in the past but its so annoying have to backup and restore all the apps/settings, etc.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes, I have experienced the same thing. Quite frustrating. I can't even get a whole day out of it now...

Same here. For some reason, the Android OS is constantly the largest consumer of battery power (under Settings --> Battery use). Before the update, the display was by and large the biggest juice hog, and the OS was usually down around 2-5%

I'm also experiencing a lot of slowdowns, lockups, and FCs. WidgetLocker and LauncherPro, in particular, have not taken kindly to 2.2.1.

I'm anxious for 2.3 to arrive, but at the same time I hope that it solves the problems that have cropped up recently, and doesn't add any more of its own. :/

edit: I just remembered a side effect of the increased battery drain -- slower charging! Has anyone else noticed that their Nexus One takes a lot longer to charge fully? Mine also gets a little warmer than normal. Makes you wonder what must be sucking all this juice!

Interesting observations...I'm looking at my battery use right now, and Display is at 84%, Screebl Lite (a screen persistence app) is at 4%, and Android System is at 4%. I've never seen anything other than that. Not on 2.2.1 or any previous release.

Curious....

Yea, I have the newest update on mine, and Battery use still shows display at 84%, OS at 2%. Seems the same as before.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Just a thought, have you tried a reboot since the last update? I know I had to reboot once a few days after it, but I dont recall why, so if you have not, give it a shot. Cant hurt.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Yes, I've tried rebooting a few times since the update, but thanks for the suggestion. Rebooting right now actually, as Apps2SD refuses to open for some reason. I think it might be time for a factory reset.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    I have had massive battery fluctuation for the past few days.
    I had updated Extended controls to a new version, and im pretty sure thats what seems to break stuff...

Camera broke and then it started SUCKING battery, on charger, and still loosing the ocassional charge.
    20+% lost every half an hour, nightmare,

Updated it again, seems to be back to normal now...

First time ever, i saw my display went to 91% LOL. I restart right away. I am using launcherpro plus, i reduce my pages from 7 to 5. Remove some widget like facebook and twitter. Jt kind of help and dropped to 65% display.

My N1 has been freezing alot. Always FC on apps. I wonder what else can i do.

Sent from my Nexus One

Please join Dropbox here: Register :nexusx:

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    Quote Originally Posted by wingod View Post
    First time ever, i saw my display went to 91% LOL. I restart right away. I am using launcherpro plus, i reduce my pages from 7 to 5. Remove some widget like facebook and twitter. Jt kind of help and dropped to 65% display.

My N1 has been freezing alot. Always FC on apps. I wonder what else can i do.

Sent from my Nexus One
    Turn of auto rotate, helps a bit, and dont use auto brightness.
    Akmd in battery processes is a g-sensor.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links