Airplane mode... can I use it on airplanes?

This is a discussion on Airplane mode... can I use it on airplanes? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've logged about 12 trips between the US and various parts of Asia / Europe in the past 6 years. It's been very rare for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airplane mode... can I use it on airplanes?

mah
    I've logged about 12 trips between the US and various parts of Asia / Europe in the past 6 years. It's been very rare for me to see an AC outlet (except in the bathroom), but I have seen a few (with "normal" [US normal] outlets).

I've left my phone on with and without Airplane mode throughout the entire flight at times, and we neither exploded nor got off course as a result. The real reason they want you to leave the phone off during takeoff and landing has nothing to do with the plane, its that they want you to be paying attention in case they need to issue emergency instructions; take-off and landing are the times when most problems requiring immediate action occur, and if someone is jamming away listening to their headphones they might miss the excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by FC1032 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bud760 View Post
    go hang out in the bathroom and charge your cell :rofl3: im positive there's a socket there

i'm serious
    Actually, i never thought of that. I'm also pretty sure there is a socket in the bathroom.
    If the bathroom is not occupied by a couple who wants to fulfill a fantasy :rofl3:

Never had a power outlet, I always take a battery backup for a day of travel.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I've left my phone on with and without Airplane mode throughout the entire flight at times, and we neither exploded nor got off course as a result. The real reason they want you to leave the phone off during takeoff and landing has nothing to do with the plane, its that they want you to be paying attention in case they need to issue emergency instructions; take-off and landing are the times when most problems requiring immediate action occur, and if someone is jamming away listening to their headphones they might miss the excitement.
    That makes sense
    Galaxy Nexus? I like Nexus prime more. Even the code name "Maguro" seemed cooler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links