Gingerbread 2.3 OTA

This is a discussion on Gingerbread 2.3 OTA within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; ditto here.. check-in succeeded but thats about it.. Maybe Google forgot about us.. which is sad cause still the N1 is still a top of ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread 2.3 OTA

ditto here.. check-in succeeded but thats about it.. Maybe Google forgot about us.. which is sad cause still the N1 is still a top of the line phone in my opinion.

I didn't root my phone i just did the PASSIMG method,i just hope i will be able to get the OTA update when gingerbread comes out just by clicking check for update on my nexus one.

ya we will get it by OTA but now this is another false joy...

but even if you are rooted (and bootloader locked), i think you loose root when updating the OS.. right ?

Yes I know, I'm getting leary of Google lately. Us original N1 owners are forgotten these days. Sorta like the Galaxy Site owners. The only way we can get gingerbread is buying the Nexus S, which is not near the N1 in my book, especially for the price. The fragmentation of Android is really getting out of hand. Oh well, I'm content with 2.2. 1 for now. But I'll think twice about future Android purchases.
    Signed,
    redheaded step child

Quote Originally Posted by mexicomike View Post
    Yes I know, I'm getting leary of Google lately. Us original N1 owners are forgotten these days. Sorta like the Galaxy Site owners. The only way we can get gingerbread is buying the Nexus S, which is not near the N1 in my book, especially for the price. The fragmentation of Android is really getting out of hand. Oh well, I'm content with 2.2. 1 for now. But I'll think twice about future Android purchases.
    Signed,
    redheaded step child
    Google can't just release gingerbread for the nexus s it will have to release it for the other android phone but the problem is when.I believe its just a marketing thing the nexus s just came out and they want it to sell well after a few months they will release it on other phones i hope

I agree the fragmentation is getting bad. And throw the carrier control on top of that and most customers (not N1 users of course) are really left out in the cold and forced to buy a new phone just for a new OS.

I'm trying out a W7P now (Samsung Focus) just to see how the updates will be done on it... M$ claims that when an OS update goes out, it will go to everyone, not just one phone or one carrier. Good in theory, but we shall see. I think they saw the fragmentation in the droid market and are trying something different.

What's cool is the N1 still works great over Wifi without the AT&T card in it. Just no calls. But I can still use all my favorite apps!

And I still think that GB is still a bit buggier than Google wants it to be, so they won't release it to us until they get it sorted to their satisfaction. Nobody else has it either, ya know Hell, many devices are still waiting for FroYo!

I agree with WERA but I think they could have it out a little faster I mean micromod has had it for a while now and it apparently isn't that buggy (I haven't tried it for myself yet) so I think if MM has it ready Google should have it out or close.

Ahh...but that goes directly to one of my biggest issues with rooted ROMs: I just don't trust some random dude (lol) to create an OS for my phone. So many of these guys are egomaniacs; or if not, they may be here today/gone tomorrow types. Even the Mighty Cyanogen isn't known for very good support for those that have issues.

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Ahh...but that goes directly to one of my biggest issues with rooted ROMs: I just don't trust some random dude (lol) to create an OS for my phone. So many of these guys are egomaniacs; or if not, they may be here today/gone tomorrow types. Even the Mighty Cyanogen isn't known for very good support for those that have issues.

Just sayin'
    I think you are right. I did the PASSIMG method to remove the Videotron rom now i was thinking of rooting it and putting custom rom's but after thinking about it my phone is working perfectly and since i removed the videotron rom my signal is better when i am indoors especially in a walmart or costco.So why would i root it just to had or remove some apps.I think i will wait

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links