making use of the USB port

This is a discussion on making use of the USB port within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I saw this and was FLOORED! Nexus One USB host driver Does anyone know about developing USB sensors or controls or where to go to ...

Thread: making use of the USB port

making use of the USB port

I saw this and was FLOORED!

Nexus One USB host driver

Does anyone know about developing USB sensors or controls or where to go to learn about it?
    Nexus One :nexusx: FINALY rooted without ending up like this

Got CM7 installed too!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

How much do you know about USB now? Do you know how the Host/Device communication protocol works? How device classes work? Where to start depends on where you are now.

I've been thinking about how to harness the USB port for fun devices but considering root access and a custom kernel are requirements, the number of people you can reach is severely limited. Even if people are willing to void their warranties, many can't get the low-level access to do these types of changes.

At any rate, if you are thinking about doing something anyway tell me what your knowledge and experience levels are and I can maybe steer you in the right direction. USB is a complex protocol but there are microcontrollers out there that can make life a little easier if you can find the right class drivers.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links