Advice how to deal with Nexus One / HTC cust. service

This is a discussion on Advice how to deal with Nexus One / HTC cust. service within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So I have had the N1 since last February. Twice I have had to send the phone in for maintenance due to a faulty power ...

Thread: Advice how to deal with Nexus One / HTC cust. service

Advice how to deal with Nexus One / HTC cust. service

So I have had the N1 since last February. Twice I have had to send the phone in for maintenance due to a faulty power button and the charge port not working.

I encountered the problem for the third time a couple months ago. I couldn't put my phone to sleep with my power button and was going to send it in but I found the app lock 2.0 so I can wake my phone with the scroll ball or volume buttons. They told me they would send me a new phone and I said great, but then told me it would be a $500 dollar hold on a credit card. So I found that app and just dealt with the issue.

But now, my charging port is becoming faulty. So I am thinking of sending it in for a third time and I plan on letting HTC hear it this time around. I would love to get a new phone without the stupid $500 dollar hold because one, I am a college student and can't afford to put a $500 hold on my card, my limit isn't even that high and two, I am not going to do that to my parents, especially around christmas time.

Can anyone give me advice how to go about dealing with HTC. I loved when my old phone was able to be dealt with T-Mobile, their customer service is top notch and when I had problems with my dash, they ended up sending me the newer version for free. But I don't see HTC doing that.

Any advice would be great, as you can see I am really frustrated with the faulty product and I see no reason why I should have to put holds on my credit cards after 3 malfunctioning problems with my phone.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well you are definatly not a lucky guy cause getting 3 faulty phones really sucks I don't know how long you can go without your phone but if you want you can send it in for a fix instead of a referb. A small bonus to that is that I have never heard of someone who got a fix and needed to send if back again. As for getting a referb and not paying the 500$ I can't help you it's just standord prosedure for htc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well you are definatly not a lucky guy cause getting 3 faulty phones really sucks I don't know how long you can go without your phone but if you want you can send it in for a fix instead of a referb. A small bonus to that is that I have never heard of someone who got a fix and needed to send if back again. As for getting a referb and not paying the 500$ I can't help you it's just standord prosedure for htc.
    I've sent it in twice to get fixed. That's my point. Sent it in the first time for a power button/charging issue, got it back, two months later the power button screws up again. Sent it in the second time, and a few months later, the power button and charging issue is back again.

I'm about to send it to get fixed for a third time. I'm really close to just selling the phone on ebay once I get it fixed for a third time. Enough is enough. Bottom line is HTC does not take care of its customers.

Well your the first I have heard of getting the power button issue after a fix and since when do they charge you (or at least put a hold on your credit card) for a fix I thought they only did that for referbs. Ok then I guess you can do what ever you want with the phone it's yours so you can sell it if you want but I would do this fix and see what hapens next.

Can someone please start a class action suit against HTC. I am on my 4th phone in the past year. Now they refuse to swap another phone with a broken power button because it is out or warranty.

Can you imagine if Apple did this? I will never buy another HTC again.

Quote Originally Posted by sblie View Post
    Can someone please start a class action suit against HTC. I am on my 4th phone in the past year. Now they refuse to swap another phone with a broken power button because it is out or warranty.

Can you imagine if Apple did this? I will never buy another HTC again.
    I had the same problem. My N1 3 weeks out of warranty and the power switch starts to malfunction. HTC will NOT entertain the idea of replacing. What galls me is that they sent me a customer survey about the service. I gave feedback about how the power button is known design flaw (metal fatigue). They called me twice as follow up -- not to give me good news but to tell me once again that my phone is out of warranty and they are very sorry they can't help. What a clueless way to deal with customers! I told them I would never buy HTC again, they again said they were sorry, but no help. I don't get it, why are they calling me up to tell me that won't fix my phone????

That sucks, man. I've had my first N1 issue back in April of last year when the screen went black and didn't display a thing.

A few weeks back I dropped it and had to send it in for a broken screen. I had noticed the power button was becoming slowly unresponsive and told them that when I sent for repair.

I got it back, they fixed the screen and only charged me $50 even after my warranty had expired a week before I reported the problem (Maybe nice HTC rep let it slide? He did mention it though). But now my power button completely failed so I am using ScreenModeWidget to wake my phone.

However, with Gingerbread the trackball won't wake it anymore though only the volume controls. I will have to eventually send it in a third time since this is only temporary. I reckon it will be a $150 fix.

But yeah, they never put a hold of $500 on my cc. $50 was the max.

I love(ed) my N1 but I absolutely HATE, I mean HATE HTC. My experience is no different from above. Bought new N1, power button failed month 3. They give me refurb. WTH. Spent $580 and you give me a refurb after 3 mos? 3 mos later, power button fails again. Another refurb issued. 3 mos... you get the picture, but this time I'm told I would be better to get mine fixed than getting another refurb. I write everyone at HTC finally getting a top level exec who tells me "there is nothing we can do, only repair or replace." So, you build and sell and $500+ phone that is defective and fails every 3 mos, but you can't do anything??? Out of options, I send it in for repair and have to use a junk loaner for 2 weeks. I get it back and the power button wasn't even fixed. I demand a refund of my purchase and they tell me of course, I am over one year and therefore a refund is not even possible. I can send it again if I like. Go to H^%& HTC. I will never buy an HTC phone again. I called Chase Visa to find out my buyer protection options. They can dispute the charge, but I have to return the phone first.Obviously, not being a good option, she offers to call HTC and got the same story I did. Chase tells me she is dumbfounded the way HTC spoke to her. She tells me they can dispute the charge or they will offer me a $500 bill credit without having to go through dispute. I love you Chase. HTC, go screw yourself. Keep the $571 and invest it wisely. You wont be getting another dime from me. Hopefully, my story will cost you $5710 or more. Great choice for your customers. Another N1 in the toilet.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links