My Touch4g King of Android

This is a discussion on My Touch4g King of Android within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Nobby I have all those features on my nexus one running MIUI, and i would go as far as to say that ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Touch4g King of Android

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
    I have all those features on my nexus one running MIUI, and i would go as far as to say that My Nexus beats my IPhone 4G hands down and will do the same with the MyTouch 4G.

It all boils down to pure Android Vs Tainted Android and at the end of the day Pure android is going to overcome all problems and challenges while tainted android will have to ask its mummy for permission.
    All what features? The calling and rate plan? Please list "those features " thanks

"also when on wifi, the phone uses wifi for the phone calls also, saving the cheap guy minute usage"

this is what you typed which is not true wifi calls use your minutes

rooted Nexus S 4G

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by talcott View Post
    Will try later today to do a list of about maybe 30 improving Differences between the 2 i. e. Metal case not plastic, talk and standby battery difference etc. Awesome feature alone, smart brightness, no need to constantly be jacking around with brightness like on n1. Sorry guys but other than the fact that the n1 is the developers flagship for the android, Platform, the phone itself is a kids toy in comparison, I've shelved mine.
    Please describe these 30 differences. What is "smart" brightness? Cause that sounds like Auto brightness, which is on the Android OS itself. And the battery will last longer on a non AMOLED screen. No arguement itself. But what are you saying about the phone that 3rd party apps can't support for the N1? The UI itself is a third party UI that basically is compiling things that Dev are already making.

I mean most of the claims you make you baseless. If you're gonna bash the N1 please make structured explanation instead of oh it has a metal frame.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by ayocuz View Post
    I gave up my one click root privileges to wait for gingerbread. Now I'm thinking about going to get that my touch 4g and saying to hell with my nexus one.
    You'll be thanking me I've been number one fan of n1 but from zoom text to cut n paste to wifi calling to network video chat,, iphone 4 can't even do that and n1 never will no matter what kind of bakery product this phone is the xxxx go see for yourself qwit waiting 4 g bread.

Um iPhone has Face time, and there are plenty of 3rd party apps that allow the iPhone, as well as N1 to do wifi calling. Yahoo mobile app alone does all that for you. Gingerbread will allow all phones to do that within the OS that will most likely be blocked out by HTC when they build the Gingerbread for MyTouch. I mean what do you think Face Time on iPhone is?

I mean Zoom text? Cut n Paste? I mean HOW is "this" better?
    Androidfied.

This seems like Flame Bait to me

Don't Feed the Trolls!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by shibby View Post
    "also when on wifi, the phone uses wifi for the phone calls also, saving the cheap guy minute usage"

this is what you typed which is not true wifi calls use your minutes
    Quick response here but will respond further on the flame out response to the admins later, but most of the carriers, offer 200mb per month data usage that includes free wifi. Meaning there is no charge for unlimited wifi use and it does NOT go against minutes as far as data goes on a 10.00 plan, does NOT.

As far as wifi cell calling, yes it goes against your minutes, didnt make it clear enough meant to use the word data use not talk time. It just seems convenient to be able to make calls from your phone although, with wifi when you can, so that there's no worries of marginal cell signal issues, and clearer call quality all time. Not to mention, some time the inability to even get a cell signal but a wifi hookup is available, i.e. airports, mcdonalds, starbucks etc. etc. and no not into skype mobile.

Um iPhone has Face time, and there are plenty of 3rd party apps that allow the iPhone, as well as N1 to do wifi calling. Yahoo mobile app alone does all that for you. Gingerbread will allow all phones to do that within the OS that will most likely be blocked out by HTC when they build the Gingerbread for MyTouch. I mean what do you think Face Time on iPhone is?

I mean Zoom text? Cut n Paste? I mean HOW is "this" better?[/QUOTE]

Face time on an Iphone yes is the same face time but it has to be done FROM within a wifi connection, whereas Tmobile 4g can be done WITH or Without wifi, am I missing something here?

After applying a quick google search this is why what I am trying to say here makes sense, the difference is so obvious like i said if you'd just spend the day with phone we could put this to rest.

MyTouch 4G vs My Nexus One - Seattle Gadgets | Examiner.com

Not trying to be an expert just enjoyed this site so much for so long and read alot of post and felt a need to share something I had noticed but am sorry if made so many upset with my posts on this, but simply said just read the 4 or 5 posts on the attached Examiner article.

... but most of the carriers, offer 200mg per month data usage that includes free wifi.
    I have no opinion of the phone but I do wonder what 200 milligrams of data looks like. Is that based on the weight of an electron? :rofl3:

Okay but you still haven't really explained anything. Searching for other people review is not explaining your 30 reasons. And yes I know Face Time is wifi only but your wording was as if it didn't support anything.

I mean i'm not trying to call you out, but put substance in your backings, otherwise it sounds like you're flaming. There are people who was pulling 1800 benchmark testing using the MIUI ROM. I personally don't care about benchmark because live use is more important.

I'm sure it's a great phone.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Okay but you still haven't really explained anything. Searching for other people review is not explaining your 30 reasons. And yes I know Face Time is wifi only but your wording was as if it didn't support anything.

I mean i'm not trying to call you out, but put substance in your backings, otherwise it sounds like you're flaming. There are people who was pulling 1800 benchmark testing using the MIUI ROM. I personally don't care about benchmark because live use is more important.

I'm sure it's a great phone.
    pretty sure my nexus hit 1750 on a modded stock rom now the g2 is around 2450

rooted Nexus S 4G

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links