My Touch4g King of Android

This is a discussion on My Touch4g King of Android within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth Okay but you still haven't really explained anything. Searching for other people review is not explaining your 30 reasons. And yes ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Touch4g King of Android

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Okay but you still haven't really explained anything. Searching for other people review is not explaining your 30 reasons. And yes I know Face Time is wifi only but your wording was as if it didn't support anything.

I mean i'm not trying to call you out, but put substance in your backings, otherwise it sounds like you're flaming. There are people who was pulling 1800 benchmark testing using the MIUI ROM. I personally don't care about benchmark because live use is more important.

I'm sure it's a great phone.
    I'm gonna bow out of the post at this point since probably no matter what I say I have a funny feeling that I will word the post in such a way to make myself look like an idiot and my choice of words or statements will be taken either out of context with my way of thinking on the topic.

It seems as though my decision to make a post on a topic that goes against the forum itself was a mistake on my behalf, but when you stand behind something so much even to enter into the knowledge base of this forum on the topic of "nexus one" cell phones like I did months ago, a certain passion overcomes ones senses enough to want to stand back and announce when you've found something so noticeably improved upon that you want to tell everyone else. I should have had enough sense to realize that it would be like yelling "fire" in a crowded room.

Beside the difference of the benchmark testing of the device itself that would hardly be noticeably to most, the user friendly interface that htc/tmobile have built into the phone are unusually different than the N1, and yes some of which can be acquired by way of an app, the fact that your doing it as a built in without app building causes the quality of UI in the first place.

Anyway, I will just be reading this thread and ending my responses and sorry for what would be appearing as flame when all it was meant to disclose IMHO a friendly point.

I'm with you on this one. I have been waiting for some sort of deal to jump to MyTouch 4G. The more i read about it the more i want this phone.

I don't know what's so special about this pure Google experience. Every tech reviews are calling it "Vanilla android ".

Also nexus one or nexus S aren't the only phone has vanilla android. Tmo G1 and G2 has it too.

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by talcott View Post
    Okay but you still haven't really explained anything. Searching for other people review is not explaining your 30 reasons. And yes I know Face Time is wifi only but your wording was as if it didn't support anything.

I mean i'm not trying to call you out, but put substance in your backings, otherwise it sounds like you're flaming. There are people who was pulling 1800 benchmark testing using the MIUI ROM. I personally don't care about benchmark because live use is more important.

I'm gonna bow out of the post at this point since probably no matter what I say I have a funny feeling that I will word the post in such a way to make myself look like an idiot and my choice of words or statements will be taken either out of context with my way of thinking on the topic.

It seems as though my decision to make a post on a topic that goes against the forum itself was a mistake on my behalf, but when you stand behind something so much even to enter into the knowledge base of this forum on the topic of "nexus one" cell phones like I did months ago, a certain passion overcomes ones senses enough to want to stand back and announce when you've found something so noticeably improved upon that you want to tell everyone else. I should have had enough sense to realize that it would be like yelling "fire" in a crowded room.

Beside the difference of the benchmark testing of the device itself that would hardly be noticeably to most, the user friendly interface that htc/tmobile have built into the phone are unusually different than the N1, and yes some of which can be acquired by way of an app, the fact that your doing it as a built in without app building causes the quality of UI in the first place.

Anyway, I will just be reading this thread and ending my responses and sorry for what would be appearing as flame when all it was meant to disclose IMHO a friendly point.

Feel free to do what you like. No one is against you. There have been several talks of phones besides N1 on here that have been discused including the G2, Evo, Incredible, HD2......I mean My Touch on here is nothing new. Maybe just you?

Fact is, we wanna here why YOU personally think its better. You keep saying the same thing over and over and not discussing nothing but "it's just better". Okay? There's people who don't think the Nexus S is better than the Nexus One, but atleast everyone discusses their views. Nobody is bashing you. No one called you an idiot. All we saying is explain. Discuss, but nothing has come to discussion, so people are going to think what they want.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by talcott View Post

I'm happy you like the MyTouch4g, I actually bought one for my GF about a month ago and I can tell you I was impressed but not to the point of wanting to keep it. I returned it the 29th day I had it, my gf was not thrilled with this particular phone, it definately did not have the wow factor to it. I guess the biggest negative for her was the fact that it had an inferior Lcd screen, the colors on Angry birds were noticeably different. The second negative was the actual phone was buggy, screen shutoff problems, calling people when it wanted.. etc..
    She does not look into the phone as I did though, I personally wasn't impressed with it because I just couldn't help but to compare it to my rooted N1, it wasn't even close.. not even that installed Monopoly demo or other installed apps could sway me away.. I am really into vanilla android and it just annoys the hell out of me the way carriers just add a bunch of useless bloatware to make an extra cash..
    Now i'm getting her the Nex S, with super Amoled screen and crappy non sd card slot... but it has Vanilla, and its a Nexus so I'm ok with it. (for her)

My wife and I usually have the same phone, so last January we bought 2 Nexus Ones. Our budget doesn't afford 2 phones of this price each year, so I have to keep my high opinion of the Nexus One. So don't confuse me with the facts of faster newer phones. So what if I have to wait .01 more of a second. I got the time.

Please don't anyone take this as a criticism it's really not intended that way. It's more of a "I've made up my mind, don't confuse with the facts". We each have different uses and programs we use most, the program may be faster or slower on a tested system. What we want it to do and how it reacts flavor our opinion.

Besides my wife won't let me get a new phone for another year. That certainly flavors my options. My local T-Mo store clerks are mostly opting for the My Touch 4G.
    :nexusx: Serious Android Fan :nexusx:

Don't see anything in a newer phone that gives me a temptation to leave my Nexus One!

So far after a couple months With my my touch 4 g Nothing on the market evan seems to come close For what I can see in here on the internet the gingerbread Platform issues Continue to be not worth the wait for the nexus 1 Save yourself some time and the wait Nexus 1 was supposed to be the flagship for android The disappointment is not worth it and even gingerbread doesn't sound and act is good as the operating system for The my touch 4 g Get 1 for free under the return policy hold it for 2 weeks if you don't see what I'm talking about return it for a full refund Still holding on to my nexus 1 But I really don't care about it anymore and feel obligated to tell you guys when I'm saying now And never buy phone insurance for the cost you'll be stuck in technology over year old once you lose your phone

Gingerbread works fine for me. Had it for weeks now.

Enjoy your new Device!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links